Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLfan1919

Nov 8, 2018
Prosvetov will be fine, the problem is if he gets hurt. Lamour has not been the backup I thought he would be but that will change with any luck. Lennox needs a few more OHL games to see how he is developing. Otherwise, let's see where we are in early December? Then decision time for DD as to wich direction he goes?
What about Ty Masternak in Timmins? He has excellent numbers and played minor Hockey in Oshawa, a system that is notoriously harsh on goaltenders. Might be a perfect backup candidate.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Good because if Lamour had to play more we'd be screwed. Calm down Prosvetov is fine. Kid is 8-2-1 and you're acting like he can't win a game. He's playing his 3rd game in 3 nights and literally stole the game last night for us against SSM. They would have easily came back without some of his athletic saves.
I actually thought he made some pretty good saves. Spirit really weren’t there yesterday.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti will be back for Wednesday's game against Flint. An improved team that nobody will beat easy. Everett's return would really help the team and improve the D. The question is when will he be in the lineup?

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
This team is not even close to competing for a championship run , and I don’t see it in years to come , we have 4 centers with a total of 27 assists combined on the year and only 5 forwards in the plus side , we are the 4th worst team on goals against , the play starts from the defense and they struggle making plays , bode needs to carry the puck and his turn overs are ridiculous and gives no effect when losing puck , the kid should be a forward , we need defensive d men and maybe 1 offensive d, our back up goalie is not very good , I would bring up the rookie and give him a shot
We need centers that can make plays, I would move perfetti to second line center with buds and jenks, move Gilmore back between coskey/Michnac , giroux with Porco/and whoever can fill the rest of spots , I would barely play the 4th line because they just create scoring chances for the other team

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
This team is not even close to competing for a championship run , and I don’t see it in years to come , we have 4 centers with a total of 27 assists combined on the year and only 5 forwards in the plus side , we are the 4th worst team on goals against , the play starts from the defense and they struggle making plays , bode needs to carry the puck and his turn overs are ridiculous and gives no effect when losing puck , the kid should be a forward , we need defensive d men and maybe 1 offensive d, our back up goalie is not very good , I would bring up the rookie and give him a shot
We need centers that can make plays, I would move perfetti to second line center with buds and jenks, move Gilmore back between coskey/Michnac , giroux with Porco/and whoever can fill the rest of spots , I would barely play the 4th line because they just create scoring chances for the other team
Interesting situation. Issue is save percentage. Also a year or more away from being top end team. 99 import goalie does not fit with your group as is doing little to win games so far. Along with Erie and OS one of teams with fewest shots against and highest goals against. Import goalie will be gone next year when team is closer. Move him and get younger potential number 1. He is not lined up with this group. Sudbury has similar situation so move quick, as does Windsor. Call Ottawa

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Interesting situation. Issue is save percentage. Also a year or more away from being top end team. 99 import goalie does not fit with your group as is doing little to win games so far. Along with Erie and OS one of teams with fewest shots against and highest goals against. Import goalie will be gone next year when team is closer. Move him and get younger potential number 1. He is not lined up with this group. Sudbury has similar situation so move quick, as does Windsor. Call Ottawa

Can't trade Prosvetov in his first year.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We can speculate all we want however, if we are winning against good teams or bad if deals come that can improve the team DD has to make up his mind on the teams direction. If we slide to .500 in December totally a different situation.
Team needs a Mattinen type D and a couple of forwards to strengthen top 9. This way if we continue winning adding only makes sense. What are we waiting for the perfect situation to go for it? This team is as close to any that are in the mix. They all need additions as well.
2019 says we are not close now and won't be for years to come. So have you watched the last 5 years? We have never had as much talent that is why all the excitement around the team. If we keep developing and making the team better with picks and prospects that we have accumulated you have to try at some point.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
His record is 8-2-1 that is the bottom line.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
His record is 8-2-1 that is the bottom line.[/QUOTE
He is good. Will be gone next year, and rule change apparently allows teams to trade imports now. Team is too young for this year. Need a goalie for next or year after. 8-3-1 with 2 w and 956 save percentage against Flint and 863 against the rest of the league. An option to line up goaltending with good young group. Who is ready in net when your skaters are? Teams need to think about this. Good management in thi9s league and I am sure they are all aware. Sometimes fans are not. Just a thought.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
LR8, 8-2-1 is his present record. Let's see how he does by the end of the year.

He is good. Just does not line up age wise with good young sag team and won’t be back next year. Has value for a team like Ottawa. Import limit makes movement complicated.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw squeaked out a win over Flint, but we will take the 2 points and run.

Jenkins must live Flint!! Another goal night for him, good job.

Coskey get hurt or benched? Didn't see much of him in the third.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
Saginaw squeaked out a win over Flint, but we will take the 2 points and run.

Jenkins must live Flint!! Another goal night for him, good job.

Didn't see 4 players in the 3rd period. If you can't get on the ice with a 4-2 lead against the worst team in the league. I would really question what message the coach is trying to send. Welcome back Troy.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I see he switched the lines again. Hope they can get the lines somewhat set so players can gel.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
He is good. Just does not line up age wise with good young sag team and won’t be back next year. Has value for a team like Ottawa. Import limit makes movement complicated.

It doesn't matter how many imports they have, you can't trade Prosvetov.

DD saw what most of us saw coming into this year. We have this year and next to make a run. So yes he does line up just fine for this year. Next year we'll either run with Lennox, Lamour or bring in an OA ringer.

Reactions: Finster8

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
It doesn't matter how many imports they have, you can't trade Prosvetov.

DD saw what most of us saw coming into this year. We have this year and next to make a run. So yes he does line up just fine for this year. Next year we'll either run with Lennox, Lamour or bring in an OA ringer.

NHL Drafted Import Goalies taken by a CHL club after the NHL will never be back for an OA year. Rules are different for imports. They can go home and play for money (KHL,etc), or play for money in North America as per their NHL affiliation. CHL teams also have no interest in using Import Card, OA spot, and Goaltender spot for one player. They wont stay.

Not sure of meaning of your statement "you can't trade". If you mean shouldn't, that is a fair opinion. If you mean unable, the rules apparently have been changed according to London Free Press article.

"MOVING CLAUSE: The CHL has taken another step to make its league more appealing to European players. They have dropped a rule stating first-year imports could not be traded until the following season.
“We’ve said, ‘come and try it,’” Branch said, “and by mid-December, there will be a period of time that player could be traded if he’s not happy. But he’s got to be registered and playing for a CHL team for that to happen.”
[email protected]

Gives Sag, Sudbury, Barrie, and even Ottawa an interesting option. Sag looks good this year, and even stronger next - if you have a goalie that is.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
NHL Drafted Import Goalies taken by a CHL club after the NHL will never be back for an OA year. Rules are different for imports. They can go home and play for money (KHL,etc), or play for money in North America as per their NHL affiliation. CHL teams also have no interest in using Import Card, OA spot, and Goaltender spot for one player. They wont stay.

Not sure of meaning of your statement "you can't trade". If you mean shouldn't, that is a fair opinion. If you mean unable, the rules apparently have been changed according to London Free Press article.

"MOVING CLAUSE: The CHL has taken another step to make its league more appealing to European players. They have dropped a rule stating first-year imports could not be traded until the following season.
“We’ve said, ‘come and try it,’” Branch said, “and by mid-December, there will be a period of time that player could be traded if he’s not happy. But he’s got to be registered and playing for a CHL team for that to happen.”
[email protected]

Gives Sag, Sudbury, Barrie, and even Ottawa an interesting option. Sag looks good this year, and even stronger next - if you have a goalie that is.

Didn't remember seeing that. Seems vague. "Mid December" and "period of time". Is it one week, two weeks, a day, etc?. Around the trade deadline, before it?

Honestly it doesn't matter because trading Prosvetov would be an asinine move legal or not.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Considering we were up a goal already no point in him seeing the ice late in the 3rd. He's important to have out there when we need to score, but his turnovers are a massive liability playing defensive with a lead.

Reactions: Finster8

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
so what do you think the cost for the rights to Turcotte is?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
so what do you think the cost for the rights to Turcotte is?

First off the chances of this trade are extremely doubtful as he signed his NLI to Wisconsin the other day per his Instagram. But hypothetically it would obviously depend on his willingness to report right away and if he would I'm sure Saginaw would prefer him on their roster for this season or next. . If he would come right away and only to London, as Saginaw I would be asking for at least player (defenseman who will be back next year not as an OA preferably) and some pick value depending on player. If its a futures deal, I would be asking for a mid round conditional, with the conditional containing a couple of seconds and a few mid-high picks.

Reactions: LDN

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Enough is enough!

Fire this coach! Same stuff night after night!

Weak goalie, Coskey and Michnac selfish and a ton of turnovers. And coach keeps putting them on the ice for more ice time!!

Fourth line was the best line all night.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Enough is enough!

Fire this coach! Same stuff night after night!

Weak goalie, Coskey and Michnac selfish and a ton of turnovers. And coach keeps putting them on the ice for more ice time!!

Fourth line was the best line all night.

I’m not quite sure which game you watch
But the only positive chances we have is when coskey is on the ice , it seems this site questions his defense play or I guess turn overs , have you look at the +/- , how about Looking at the defensive play , turn over after turn over the kid plays every other shift , quite embarrassing, then we play the youngest first line pp line anothe embarrassing situation from Saginaw, Porco tun over machine , watch him every game , never passes and when he does it’s too the other team , perfittie only has points on pp and against flint , probably the slowest player on ice by far , has no idea how to back check but sees more ice than any other player on ice , does anyone hit anybody ? Goalie play is week I think the Russian goalie putts more in net in himself , did u notice Gilmore, giroux, in ice tonight ? I once question our C and our A , didn’t realize that the spirit and leadership comes from unknowns

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Maybe the organization shouldn’t be own by a dealership, then again coached by a car salesman then again Gm by someone who never played and just worked there way though an organization for free and received an opportunity, basically what it comes down too , Saginaw which I herd has the most money doesn’t want to spend it on what makes the team win (coach and Gm) but spends 20k on zambonio ,1 million score board
Average attendance less than 3k , THATS WHY NO SAGINAW WILL NEVER WIN

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
This is not the team that I had envisioned at the start of the the year! Get your head out of your jockstraps and start putting some effort into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad