Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Each of Vilardi, McLeod, Tippett and Entwistle likely cost a younger player plus picks though. Turcotte can’t be worth much. Saginaw has shown that if they think a guy will come, they’ll keep his rights and wait him out (did that with Jenkins, Wilde and Perfetti) so if they’re trading Turcotte’s rights, that means they don’t think he’ll ever come
Have to agree with having to give up a young player. Perfetti would be the only one that is untouchable. Porco, I would like to keep but to get quality you must give up young talent.
Penman, Preuter, Millman, Baber, and Goldowski are available. Penman and Preuter are both good prospects they might move. Maybe Porco, time will tell
Turcotte depending where he is drafted will dictate if he plays OHL or NCAA. Still a shot in the dark but so was Wilde and Jenkins. Both seem to be developing well and TOI is high.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
Would not give up Perfetti…...he is the one stud Saginaw has drafted over the last few years and he will be a game changer. Porco has gotten much better but I hear his head has swelled after NHL visits after games. As for the rest, they are a dime a dozen, would give any combination of them to get those high end players previously mentioned. And obviously Everett is off the table as well

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
You guys want to give up on Penman, Millman, ( your two future best Dmen ),Porco and Barber...you are nuts. Somebody thinks that with a trade we're going to the Memorial Cup!
Goldowski... so far worth a bag of pucks.
Everett off the table...jeez they can't even tell us when he will play again... to much trade coolaid being consumed here!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
You guys want to give up on Penman, Millman, ( your two future best Dmen ),Porco and Barber...you are nuts. Somebody thinks that with a trade we're going to the Memorial Cup!
Everett off the table...jeez they can't even tell us when he will play again... to much trade coolaid being consumed here!

Take a deep breathe.

It's all just hot air (myself included) to kill time until something happens.

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017

You ok? It's just a discussion. It hasn't happened and we don't have the power to make it happen.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The moves I can see Saginaw making, unless they go big, is dealing Michnac + picks for a younger import (like Ruzicka from Sarnia, as someone suggested a few weeks back) and then using his OA spot to get Brazeau (for Goldowski + picks). If they really want to go big, then I think Vilardi makes the most sense, however I am not sure Saginaw will want to pay that much for him. They have a young team and should not want to kill that for one run.

I even wonder if Saginaw would move a defenseman out for picks and a younger defenseman if Everett is ready to come back.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Per Joey Battaino, Cardwell and Lemieux have been sent back to their respective OJHL clubs indicating a couple of guys may be coming back from off the injured list.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
The moves I can see Saginaw making, unless they go big, is dealing Michnac + picks for a younger import (like Ruzicka from Sarnia, as someone suggested a few weeks back) and then using his OA spot to get Brazeau (for Goldowski + picks). If they really want to go big, then I think Vilardi makes the most sense, however I am not sure Saginaw will want to pay that much for him. They have a young team and should not want to kill that for one run.

I even wonder if Saginaw would move a defenseman out for picks and a younger defenseman if Everett is ready to come back.
I would not count on Everett coming back.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I hate asking this, but does any have Drinkill's number?

I NEED TO CALL AND WAKE HIM UP!!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
According to coach he's been cleared to play but they aren't rushing him back which is smart. No reason to possibly make things worse and permanently do damage.
Now that is some good news. Bring him along slow and makes the D that much better.
McLeod if he is coming gives us that 1st line C.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw is the hottest team 6-0-1 and 10 games over .500. With two bonifide forwards we can keep on improving as Lazary seems to have the team going in the right direction. The next week and change should be interesting as to how Drinkill improves the team or doesn't?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Spirit have a good team. Was really impressed with Porco yesterday. Also Dom conducts the best player interviews between periods that I’ve seen.
Much more in depth instead of the usual cliched questions.
Should be exciting week or so for you guys.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Saginaw is the hottest team 6-0-1 and 10 games over .500. With two bonifide forwards we can keep on improving as Lazary seems to have the team going in the right direction. The next week and change should be interesting as to how Drinkill improves the team or doesn't?

If they do bring in a center, hope they're looking to get one that's good in the face off circle. An underrated skill that's more important than some people think.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
If they do bring in a center, hope they're looking to get one that's good in the face off circle. An underrated skill that's more important than some people think.
What’s the deadline date for all trades and final roster for season ?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We are playing well now could you amagine adding 2 top forwards that changes everything? Trade Michnac and a 2nd for Ruzicka. Frees up Saigeon 2-2nds+2-3rds and solves the face offs. We would be scary?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
We are playing well now could you amagine adding 2 top forwards that changes everything? Trade Michnac and a 2nd for Ruzicka. Frees up Saigeon 2-2nds+2-3rds and solves the face offs. We would be scary?

That would be scary!! What would those lines be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino