Saginaw Spirit 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
-Can't say we didn't go out fighting. We came out with an attitude, we were physical and finally buried some chances. In the end though, the Soo was too much.

-I usually don't like to complain about the refs but they wer brutal tonight. Allowing that first Soo goal gave them the momentum swing. THAT WAS ICING BTW!!!!! We may be a group of American fans but I do believe we understand how icing works. Gilbert would have been well within his rights to go crazy after that non call but I give him credit for keeping it together.

-I hate to see this season end but man are we gonna be a force down the road. The pieces are here.

-Cormier was amazing again. Got to love his heart as well. You could see how upset he was that it was over. He and everyone else gave it all they had and that all us fans could ask for.

-Got job this year by this young squad and good luck to Ringuette wherever he goes from here.

Good job with your youth this year.They always played sarnia tough.Looking forward to next season.I am sure there will be some awesome games next year

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Working on end of the season player report cards. Not handing out A's like candy though. Only 3 players get those, but stills lot's of positives to be found.

I was planning on posting mine Monday when I get back from family easter festivities. Gonna go out on a limb and say Sadowy is one of the A players on your list lol

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I was planning on posting mine Monday when I get back from family easter festivities. Gonna go out on a limb and say Sadowy is one of the A players on your list lol

You're good. lol. Yep him, another forward and one defenseman. Won't say who. I'll post mine Monday too then. Got a lot of typos to fix anyway.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Yeah, it's great you guys decided to get all young and talented right as Flint comes into the league. Wonderful. I used to hate Saginaw teams, hate playing against Saginaw players but with the decline of both our cities, that hatred has dissipated. Hell, Saginaw's been our OHL team for the last decade. I doubt I'll ever have that animosity for Saginaw again. Maybe if you kick our teeth in during the playoffs. At this point I just really wanna see both franchises succeed. Don't get me wrong. If Flint starts beating you I will be trash talking on a Sean Avery/John Randle level. Congrats on those kids getting some playoff experience. Hopefully it pays dividends 60 times next year. See you at the Dow next year!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I should correct that. I loved playing against Saginaw teams/players. I just hated them. It was the one Michigan city where you knew they had the same mentality as Flint teams. We're gonna show up. Out work you, punch you in the face and talk about your sister and mom as we do it. I loved those games. I've never ever saw a soft Saginaw team. I can't wait to reignite that rivalry on some level.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I should correct that. I loved playing against Saginaw teams/players. I just hated them. It was the one Michigan city where you knew they had the same mentality as Flint teams. We're gonna show up. Out work you, punch you in the face and talk about your sister and mom as we do it. I loved those games. I've never ever saw a soft Saginaw team. I can't wait to reignite that rivalry on some level.

I already hate you and everything your team stands for and we haven't even played a single game against each other yet. Lol

Seriously though I am looking forward to this as well. During my lifetime I've never had a chance to experience what this rivalry use to be like. My dad knows. He was a gears fan back in the day and was the reason why he started taking me and my brother to Spirit games when they came to town.

Can't wait for that first visit to Perani and can't wait for the first group of Flint fans at the Dow.

Now we just have to make it through the summer.....

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The OHL is blessed with some great rivalry games. The Flint/Saginaw one adds another. With our Gears vs Generals history in the IHL, I suspect the animosity will return pretty quickly. Saginaw has a great head start and some promising young talent. I suspect Flint is a couple years away from being a decent team and hope our fans can be patient while this happens. I live a couple hours away, but cannot wait to see the energy at Perani Arena when our long-time arch rival invades Flint with their team and fans. Go Firebirds! (Still have to get used to that) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad