Saginaw Spirit 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimyco

Oct 6, 2014
Mississauga, Ont
What did you think of the rink in Saginaw? I am also from Ontario and love going to the Dow to watch a game.

No one gives you a hard time, you can sit or stand anywhere, walk around with a beer and the site lines are great from any seat.

Really enjoyed the Dow, good fans, beer readily available, comfortable seats, good view of the ice. Pretty tough for anyone to give me a hard time, wasn't really cheering for either team. Easy drive from Mississauga.

Now, the Compucenter in Plymouth, crowded small seats. Fans were really good though. Hate to be in those seats for the sellout against Erie. But I have added Plymouth to OHL rinks attended, at basically my last chance.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Really enjoyed the Dow, good fans, beer readily available, comfortable seats, good view of the ice. Pretty tough for anyone to give me a hard time, wasn't really cheering for either team. Easy drive from Mississauga.

Now, the Compucenter in Plymouth, crowded small seats. Fans were really good though. Hate to be in those seats for the sellout against Erie. But I have added Plymouth to OHL rinks attended, at basically my last chance.

Glad you enjoyed the Dow

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Need to make it to The Dow someday. Remember going to the old Civic Center when I was a kid for Gears games.

The Dow should be on your list.

I have been to a few OHL rinks (Memorial Center/Peterborough, Yardman/Belleville, Hershey Center/Miss, GM Center/Oshawa, TD Center/Ottawa, Molson Center/Barrie, RBC Center/Sarnia, Memorial Aud/Kitchener and the Dow is one of my favs...

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Saginaw falls 8-6 tonight but Felhaber gets to 20 goals and Dito added a few as well. He is underrated IMO. I think he's set for a break out year next year. I'd love some team take him as a re-entry this year but I'm not counting on it. If he keeps it up though maybe free agency could be a good route for him eventually.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
I'm guessing Shadow didn't participate in the goal fest yesterday because the coaching staff is resting him, or is there an injury/illness?

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
With all of the early picks available, who is Big Jim going to target (Best player available, De-man or forward - winger)?

Sag 1st 6th Overall
SAR 2nd 30th Overall
NB 2nd 38th Overall
MIS 3rd 46th Overall
Sag 3rd 48th Overall
KIT 3rd 52nd Overall
WSR 4th 64th Overall

Thoughts, suggestions.....

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
The ONLY logical explanation I can think of is that Sadowy was nominated last year and with it being obvious that McDavid will win the award anyway, Saginaw decided to reward Brown with their nomination. If that is the case not sure why they didn't nominate Ringuette for being the only overager, I have no idea.

Clearly Sadowy is the most valuable player on the roster by a mile. He scored 37.56% of Saginaw's total team points and 21.32% of the teams total goals. The next on the team was Stephens and he was at least 10 percent lower in both.

muskratmatt

Mar 26, 2015
Based on what the other teams did, obviously the criteria isn't based on total points. Logic tells me that with this being such a young team, Brown is being rewarded for his leadership roll amongst other things.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Playoffs back at the Dow again for another year. Gonna go with my two jerseys that have no name on the back cause it's all about the crest on the front now.

Probably will be the las two games of the year but at least we don't have to rationalize not making it and tell ourselves it's ok like some other teams....

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Playoffs back at the Dow again for another year. Gonna go with my two jerseys that have no name on the back cause it's all about the crest on the front now.

Probably will be the las two games of the year but at least we don't have to rationalize not making it and tell ourselves it's ok like some other teams....

Hope the boys put forth a good effort but that probably won't be enough to steal a win at home. Guess get some playoff experience, hope for a good draft and wait for next season.

Sonny Crockett

May 2, 2012
Ontario

Nominations don't mean a damn thing when you can't coach your team out of the first round of the playoffs. Not counting Gilbert's first year with the Spirit because it wasn't a full year, how many playoff games has this team won. For the life of me I can't understand why people think that getting your a$$ handed to you in the first round is a good experience. This team has been mismanaged way too long. :shakehead

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Nominations don't mean a damn thing when you can't coach your team out of the first round of the playoffs. Not counting Gilbert's first year with the Spirit because it wasn't a full year, how many playoff games has this team won. For the life of me I can't understand why people think that getting your a$$ handed to you in the first round is a good experience. This team has been mismanaged way too long. :shakehead

He's coaching the youngest playoff team in history against the best team in the CHL. What do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad