Tribute Sad news: txpd has passed away

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Tex and I had some epic battles on here. He took the stance that he fully despised fighting in the game from back in the 80s and refused to watch. He took the its too dangerous for the players stance. I would push back that he was a race car driver Mustang Caps Colors Flash # IIRC and how that sport is dangerous as well. He seemed to like to take a contrarian stance just to engage and entertain (presume from his DJ days) and the board suffers without his input - including on the management and PR side. As stated he got to see the cup in DC finally which presumed helped him complete his sportsfandom before moving on.

Here today, gone tomorrow; you never know in life. RIP TXPD.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Didnt have personal connection but always respected him as one of the best and most sightful members on this forum, and enjoyed the way he carried his thoughts here. Most of the times shared the same view too.

Sad news, rip. Tells something about you to have this long and respectful fairwells in a hockey forum.

Reactions: Calicaps

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So sad. I remember reading a lot of his posts on the mainboards. Sometimes I agreed. Sometimes I didn't, but he was always a great read and full of knowledge.

Reactions: RandyHolt

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
I mostly lurk but I always enjoyed reading his thoughts here and on the main board. His voice will be missed. I'm happy he got to see the Caps win the cup.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Obviously I didn't know him in real life, but I caught glimpses of what he was like based on some of his posts. Especially in some of the heated politics threads I could kind of tell that he was a good dude. I didn't always agree with him of course, but those disagreements were usually of the tactical nature rather than any real moral disagreements. We both wanted (mostly) the same things, but we had different ideas on how to get there.

Same thing with our Caps fandom really. We wanted the same things, but he and I usually just had different ideas on how the team should get there.

He'll be missed. Hopefully his family can find peace in this difficult time.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’ve made myself look like a total idiot on this forum many times and he was usually the first one to tell me how these boards work and how everyone does things around here. My hockey knowledge paled in comparison to his and to many of yours but I always really enjoyed reading his perspective. RIP man

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So his wife said it was OK to share. He had a heart transplant on Feb 10th, developed lung infections and other complications and couldn’t ever recover, finally passing on June 17th.

RIP Brother….
Thanks for sharing this. I hope his wife knows the outpouring on here for him and her loss. I'm sure you shared that.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So his wife said it was OK to share. He had a heart transplant on Feb 10th, developed lung infections and other complications and couldn’t ever recover, finally passing on June 17th.

RIP Brother….
Ugh. He had told me he was awaiting a transplant. When I heard the news I just assumed that he never got one. :(

The Dude

Jan 5, 2004
Truly devastating news to hear. For the past 20 years, I truly valued reading txpd's opinions and perspective on the Caps (and occasionally NASCAR). He will be sorely missed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

RIP Brother….

Oh man. The last time he messaged me was Feb 9th. I wonder if he was talking hockey from the hospital.

That'd be 100% in character.

RIP

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
I have been a Lurker on here for near a decade and have always seen txpd and have DMed him about with racing I use to race close to where he is from (circle track) and now road course but was hoping to meet him one day hockey game or racing. My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends though he was a amazing guy and enjoyed every conversation I ever had with him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
just seeing this. really enjoyed his posts and seemed like a good guy based on some interactions.
prayers to his family.

Tomppav

Aug 14, 2002
Tampere, Finland
First time posting here since Caps won Stanley and very sad to see this thread. I've been away so long that can't anymore remember what kind of person txpd was but I do remember that he was one of the cornerstones of this board.

Kevyet mullat (=R.I.P.) txpd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad