Tribute Sad news: txpd has passed away

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
My condolences to his family and those that were close to him.

I had noticed that he was not posting which was unusual since he was a main stay in this forum for many years. Especially when there was not a lot of new posters around. My mod years remember how he generally kept his cool when baited. He left his mark on this forum for sure and for me will always remember that. Like other have said glad he got see the caps winning the cup. Its hard to explain when you starting getting to a certain age the extensional dread of the idea of the Caps not winning the cup during your life span and the weight release after winning that cup was glorious.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That's a big bummer, I said it a while ago but he was among the old guard of sort of... board dads, I guess, and I respected him a lot for that even when we butted heads. I really did like him a lot, and I spent a lot of time lurking when he and I saw eye to eye because he was out there handling it. It's a sad day to hear the collective hunch was right, but at least he got to see them take it home before he went.

Going to be different now, knowing for sure the absence isn't temporary.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Oh man, I’m so sorry to see this. Aside from his mature (and knowledgeable) interactions with other posters, one of my most vivid memories of him was the summer we lost to the Habs. Everyone was heartbroken and/or angry, but he put it all in perspective, saying that he was happy to be alive after his heart troubles.

RIP Tex. I hope there’s a collection of Caps and NASCAR paraphernalia up there with you.

Reactions: Neil Racki

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Very sad to hear and really appreciate the tributes to him that everyone has posted. I don't have much to add other than that I respected his articulateness and intellect - and his belief in his intellect, which sometimes may have come off as arrogant but which I always took as a combination of confidence in his own assessments and a willingness to be blunt even if nettled others a bit. Like, why waste time on a message board shading your thoughts so that they're less likely to offend others? And for that, I really respected and appreciated him - because it showed a certain respect for, and confidence in, us. He didn't worry that we wouldn't be able to handle him being direct. Also, he had a very wry, very sly sense of humor which I always appreciated. Rest easy Tex and good luck to you in the next go-round.

Jun 15, 2007
Horrible and shocking news. RIP to a longtime hfcaps poster and condolences to his family. We were all hoping he was just too busy to post on the boards. It also makes me even more thankful for that 2018 win.

Can I ask how we even found out about this?

Also there needs to be an upvote or +1 instead of a "like" button because it just seems weird to "like" this post.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m hoping his family responded through his account. I know I had sent him a PM checking on him and I’m sure others did also. Hopefully they were able to see those messages of people who cared.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
His absence was 100% felt over the past few months. Really sad, he was a staple of these boards.

Even though he butted heads with many, myself included, his posts and insight were always worth reading. As others said, he always stood by his beliefs and thoughts and that’s what made him such a great member of this board.

Glad he was able to see the cup lifted. RIP

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Sad news! He was a HF staple for three decades on this Cap's forum and a good guy. I didn't always agree with his hockey viewpoints, however enjoyed his posts, conversations, and hobbies. He was always respectful in his debates and a true lifelong Cap's fan. I'm glad he was able to see them win it in 2018. My prayers and condolences for your family and RIP sir, you'll be missed greatly. I'm going to dedicate this upcoming Cap's season to you!

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
With a lot of sadness, I must share the news that txpd has passed away. He was a regular on these boards for years and we'll certainly miss having him around. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
Awful to hear. So glad he got to see them win in 2018.

Loved arguing about the rebuild with him. He absolutely loved this franchise.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Oh man… so sad to see this after some here suggested something may be amiss.

One of my favorites to read whether i was part of the debate or not. Everyone who was here even semi-frequently know who txpd was. RIP Tex and love to his family and friends.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This is so sad to hear... I hope he was surrounded by loving family and went peacefully, he deserved that. He was one of the highest quality people on here... lots of passionate debates and disagreements but never rude, condescending or arrogant... when it got too heated he just said "you see it differently and that's OK, no need to keep arguing about it".... He used to like to win races, but he wasn't obsessed with winning the thread. I wish more people would take that kinder attitude.

Sometimes after he and I would be involved in a thread with some heated opinions, he would PM me on here and clarify his points, or simply say he agreed with me (rarely) but he always took the high road, and he will be missed.

I hope his car in heaven is a fast one!

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Condolences to his friends and family. Like many, I'm glad he got to see the DC sports whirlwind in 2018 and 2019. He was part of the old guard and I too remember him going back 20 years or so from my days moderating the Caps board right around the 2001/2002 board refresh.

He always loved his Caps and talking Caps hockey. I know he had expressed pangs about the coming rebuild, and I wondered if his health was declining.

Reactions: usiel and HTFN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad