Tribute Sad news: txpd has passed away

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
fuuuudge...i dont contribute a lot and i enjoyed reading his posts. strongly opininated, and had a lot to share. he will be missed around here

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Sad news. I didn't know him but it sounds like he was held in very high regard around here. Rest in Peace.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’m hoping his family responded through his account. I know I had sent him a PM checking on him and I’m sure others did also. Hopefully they were able to see those messages of people who cared.
Agreed. I did the same. We used to PM a lot to discuss the team (outside of disparaging eyes), and laugh at those that got bent at him.

I miss him.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Wow. Just seeing this thread. This sucks all around. Guy was one of the most patient posters around here. Kept his cool through everything while the rest of us were being emotional. Always found that quality commendable. RIP. He will be missed around here.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I do have somewhat of a pathetic (on my side) txpd story. Before I became a mod on this board I blocked txpd. Not because of anything other than his writing 'prose' irritated my eyes. Has to be the all time worst reason to block someone like truly snowflake level stuff, heh.
Not exactly similar story but when he stopped posting i thought maybe he blocked me. I logged off and went through the threads just to see if he is posting anything.

Reactions: Jags

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Sad to hear. One of the original members here when I joined way back.
One of those posters you stopped to read what they wrote when scrolling through.
Will be missed around here and in general.
Thoughts with his family.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
checked in to see about the pick… sad to see this news. Had to log in and post. RIP man. Condolences to his family and friends

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
He finally passed the checkered flag. Hopefully he’s still rolling in something cherry up in heaven and has already posted 10,000 messages on the pearly palace walls.

Damn. It’s like I knew the guy. Pillar of these boards not likely to be replaced. Rest In Peace, brother.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can we sticky this please In his honor?

His wife reached out to me this morning. If she’ll permit it, I will share more info later.
Yes, I was going to sticky it once it lost a bit of traction. I don’t think people always look at the stickies since they’re not frequently commented on so I didn’t want it to get lost.

Please share this thread with her. I was going to do the same.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I am heartbroken.

RIP, Tex.

You were a great person and always loved conversing with you over the years and reading your insight.

All love to you and your family.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Terrible news, he was an OG here. I always respected his opinions and no matter the topic, would always stop to read what insight he had to share. He will be missed dearly.

Rest in peace txpd.

Reactions: Caps8112

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Sad news. Always looked forward to his posts. I post more on the main boards and always noticed him going back and forth with the opposing fans and always seeming to have the upper hand while staying classy. Definitely noticed he hadn't been posting. Condolences to his family and glad he got to see them win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad