Tribute Sad news: txpd has passed away

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
So so sad to hear txpd has passed.

I always looked forward to his posts. Insightful and knowledgeable. We talked a little Mustangs when he had his Mustang avtar. He felt like an old friend even though I didn't know him personally. Lady Stanley, now txpd are some of the good ones who've left us/HF posters poorer for their absence.

Belated condolences to the family.

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
Count me amongst the group surprised to come across this a couple of weeks ago (would've responded sooner but couldn't remember my log in). Before having a kid, I was in here a bit more often, especially during the deadline, the playoffs and the draft. Being out on the West Coast, I'm far less connected to the day to day results, catching games in San Jose when I could over the years.

On the forums Txpd always stood out as a bit of an iconoclastic poster, I was shocked to read that he passed away last summer :(. One of the disturbing trends on these boards if you've been posting since the 1990's has been the phenomena of individuals passing away, it having been a good 27-28 years since people first started created team specific internet forums decades ago (my first was CPND, in other incarnations, circa late '95/early '96). I don't think I found this board until the Kris Beech debacle back in 1999.

Anyway I was very, very sad to hear about the passing of Sam Spade a few years ago, and now Txpd as well, both came as a huge shock to me. We just know very little about one another quite often beyond our fandom.

I send hope and prayers out to his family and friends, and I hope they heal from this loss with the passage of time. Unique posters like him tend to be a bit of a rarity, even if I was aggravated, I always appreciated his unique voice on the board. Rest in Peace Txpd.

CfAaPnS74

Jan 8, 2008
I don't post here often, which is why I'm only seeing this sad news now. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences to his family. I knew Txpd back in the AOL message board days, then in a different hockey forum, and finally he was a member of our fantasy keeper league during it's first season in 2011. It was during that time that we met once, as he lived near my sister. He had interesting stories about his work in radio, and as a race photographer. I remember that he had a lot of passion for Washington Capitals hockey and Ford Mustangs. May he rest in peace.

His obit is on-line, with a nice pic of him, but you would have to know his name, which, of course, I cannot share. :-(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad