SabresTV: Beyond Blue & Gold – Latest: Dec 20

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully its just a hockey puck. Maybe his first goal and he keeps it for good luck? lolol

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
It could be a number of things ... To insinuate it's probably tobacco is weak sauce.

I mean, you can think what you want. A pretty high percentage of college hockey players chew (at least in the northeast from my experience). It would be pretty unsurprising if he did, and it looks exactly like it. There aren't that many things that he would be carrying around in his back pocket that are the exact shape and size of a tin of chewing tobacco.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I mean, you can think what you want. A pretty high percentage of college hockey players chew (at least in the northeast from my experience). It would be pretty unsurprising if he did, and it looks exactly like it. There aren't that many things that he would be carrying around in his back pocket that are the exact shape and size of a tin of chewing tobacco.

Only 3 things come to mind. A puck, gum and possibly a tape measure.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Dip, not chew. But yeah. There are guys who do postgameinterviews with a fat lipper

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
Lol I kicked the hornets nest. There is a 95% chance it's a tin of wacky tobaccy. But honestly who cares. Personal choice of his. At least he's not smoking cigarettes before practice.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Who cares? Bad role model? Mouth cancer? Theres honestly no point to it.

In the end its his choice but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Its funny this is even a discussion. In baseball the majority of players dip, and they do it while they play. Nobody bats an eye, the players are fine. Jack can do whatever he wants

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Its funny this is even a discussion. In baseball the majority of players dip, and they do it while they play. Nobody bats an eye, the players are fine. Jack can do whatever he wants

That's why they had an hour long documentary about it recently on HBO lol http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_26050343/tony-gwynns-death-and-baseballs-dirty-habit

Why even risk it? People only do stupid stuff like this to fit in or peer pressure. Ban it from sports and "most" of them probably won't even use it...or don't and just keep having future generations dying/getting cancer while supporting these companies that essentially sell addiction and death. How many kids out there are using it because their role model does? I wonder.

That's all I will say on the matter.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

The Diamondbacks ballpark bans players from chewing tobacco in the stadium.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The problem with chew is that above all else it's ****ing gross. You are a gross person if you do it. Plain and simple.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
That's why they had an hour long documentary about it recently on HBO lol http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_26050343/tony-gwynns-death-and-baseballs-dirty-habit

Why even risk it? People only do stupid stuff like this to fit in or peer pressure. Ban it from sports and "most" of them probably won't even use it...or don't and just keep having future generations dying/getting cancer while supporting these companies that essentially sell addiction and death. How many kids out there are using it because their role model does? I wonder.

That's all I will say on the matter.

How many of you knew he did chew before the video? Highly doubt kids that would have any influence from him realized what was in the back pocket. Those that know what it is are old enough to make the decision.

Let him do what he wants.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
How many of you knew he did chew before the video? Highly doubt kids that would have any influence from him realized what was in the back pocket. Those that know what it is are old enough to make the decision.

Maybe he just puts pouches between his toes during the games? :dunno:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

Exactly, no kid saw that and is taking up chew because of it. He may do it in extreme moderation, in which case McDonalds would be more harmful to his game than that.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
dipping in moderation is less detrimental to a hockey players game than a bad diet. Common knowledge, common sense, lolwut ... :help:
Saying that McDonalds is detrimental to a professional athlete is hilarious. McDonalds is better than that freezer full of ice cream.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
dipping in moderation is less detrimental to a hockey players game than a bad diet. Common knowledge, common sense, lolwut ... :help:

McDonalds in moderation is less detrimental to a hockey players game than a dip habit.

Anything in moderation is generally fine. :shrug:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Saying that McDonalds is detrimental to a professional athlete is hilarious. McDonalds is better than that freezer full of ice cream.

Whats more hilarious is your inability to grasp the point.

McDonalds was an example of a bad diet, but micro it any way you want. And I agree its really not that detrimental, and neither is chew. The whole point I'm trying to make....

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad