Friedman: Sabres won't sell low on Girgensons

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
3/4 C's with very little offense aren't worth much. I keep hearing about his great defensive play but his own coach won't even put him on to help a putrid PK.
He's Anton Lander without the elite FO skills

You just keep believing that Bylsma knows exactly what he's doing if you think it confirms your opinions.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
3/4 C's with very little offense aren't worth much. I keep hearing about his great defensive play but his own coach won't even put him on to help a putrid PK.

From the guy who said "Mark Pysyk is not good at breakout passes", "Girgensons is not actually good defensively" doesn't have much value.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He has not adjusted well to playing wing at all.
He needs to get back to center. He'd be a great third line center for someone. Too bad Larrson is a black hole at wing. Another player doomed by my jersey curse. I swear, I have only two jerseys left for active Bills and Sabres players, Watkins and Girgs, and they are both on their way out.

Only reason I refuse to buy an Eichel jersey...

Too funny. Me and my brothers are all King fans and as we were teenagers every time my brother got a jersey the player was traded ( good players like Larry Murphy). We made him not buy any more jerseys. And to this day can only buy past players jerseys.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

The main problem with this line of thinking is his coach seems clueless in today's NHL and needs to be removed from his position.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
straight up for Yakupov

Blues get their future David Backes, Sabres get their future Max Afinogenov

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The most frustrating thing about Girgensons on the Sabres is even after he a great game Bylsma refuses to play him up or higher in the lineup. I would much prefer Girgensons get a few looks with Eichel than Moulson.

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
The most frustrating thing about Girgensons on the Sabres is even after he a great game Bylsma refuses to play him up or higher in the lineup. I would much prefer Girgensons get a few looks with Eichel than Moulson.

this. girgensons was vocal about his disappointment with the nolan firing and subsequently the hiring of bylsma. he has really been in bylsma's doghouse from the get go.

he will be a servicable NHLer for years to come. probably not a top 6 guy but a top 9 forward who can fill in on a scoring line in case of injury or to shake things up. whether that happens here in buffalo (presumably after a coaching change), or somewhere else is yet to be seen.

if i were a betting man, i would put money on ennis being traded before girgensons.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

For whatever reason he foes by work well with bylsma.

I wouldn't mind trying out

Kane-ROR-Reinhart
Girgs-Eichel-Okposo

Girgs and Kane could flip.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Girgs for Duclair seems fair. Both struggling players under their respective coaching systems. Duclair has more offensive upside while Girgs could be an effective replacement for Hanzal.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'd give him up for a 3rd, he's been a complete joke recently. **** him.

Why? I sure wouldn't. Seems like your letting your anger get in the way here. Young players struggle at times.

Buffalo already has two 2nds and two 3rds in the 2017 draft. We don't need to give up a former 1st round pick who is still very young, has shown promise and could easily find his game still for another extra 3rd round pick who if we are very lucky we might see in the NHL 3+ years from now (or longer), if ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad