Friedman: Sabres won't sell low on Girgensons

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
On HNIC tonight, Elliotte Friedman said that Zemgus Girgensons has played less than 10 minutes a game the last few games and that teams are calling on him but the word from Buffalo is that they will not sell low on Girgensons.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Whats considered "low" on a previous 1st round pick, 4th line player?

At this point, I think he is hovering around 2nd round pick territory

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
The player the Flames traded down from to select Jankowski instead.... Feaster looks pretty brilliant about that move now

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The player the Flames traded down from to select Jankowski instead.... Feaster looks pretty brilliant about that move now

Until Jankowski plays more than ONE game, you can't say the pick is anywhere remotely close to the definition of "brilliant".

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Pretty disappointing output from him. Expected more from him given how' solid he looked in his first few years in the league, especially considering that this was his second chance opportunity after a bad year.

I would agree that the Sabres shouldn't sell low. I think he can find himself if he were put into a different situation (unfortunately we aren't getting rid of Byslma yet). A trade is probably the best option. We'll probably swap him for a reclamation project.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

Please explain exactly how Feaster is "brilliant". I still take Girgensons over him in a redraft even with his struggles.

North

Jun 25, 2009

That's assuming he would have taken Girgensons at that spot and not say someone like Hertl or Maata or Teravainen.

Jankowski still hasn't proven anything in the NHL to make Feaster look any more brilliant for picking him.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

1) He's not the "player the Flames traded down from". He was drafted at the spot the Flames traded down from.

2) Even if you feel compelled to compare the two players who have nothing to do with each other, I'm not sure how one would come across as "brilliant" for preferring Jankowski to Girgensons.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Glad they are not selling low on Girgs. There is absolutely no reason to. The Sabres don't really need any more 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Girgensons still has plenty of time to put it all together. He's very young and sometimes it takes power forward types a little longer to find their game consistently.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Not that he's been excellent, but a major problem has been Bylsma's usage of him.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
On HNIC tonight, Elliotte Friedman said that Zemgus Girgensons has played less than 10 minutes a game the last few games and that teams are calling on him but the word from Buffalo is that they will not sell low on Girgensons.

Translation: the Sabres are not trading Girgensons :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad