Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
What went wrong with Ristolainen. He was a good def at first and now they try to trade him. Is he that bad? And only 24 yo.

I would take him if Weber or Petry were not there or was injure for a long time.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim only has two RH Dmen (Manson and Holzer), while Vegas only has one (Engelland). Each team has only three top-four quality Dmen, and no RHD depth coming up either. Arizona only has Demers as a RH guy as well.
Idk that Anaheim will make a move for risto unless it buying low.

We cant afford to trade our 1st, as we don't know how the team will look this year.... too much risk.

We don't really have any centers available... I suppose Henrique, but most saber fans don't want him.
Obviously we wouldn't really be interested in moving Steel/Zegras/Lundy for him. Groulx could be part of the package, but Idk that it moves the needle much.

Top 6 wingers, sure we might be able to move players in that area... but idk that theyd have the quality buffao fans want. I feel like Kase/silf would be debatable amongst duck fans... last I checked buffalo fans thought risto brings back rakell which was laughable.

I just don't see us being good partners anymore.... I think were just going to ride with Lindholm Manson Guhle and fowler as our top 4 and hope Larsson/Mahura take steps forward this year.

Reactions: duckpuck

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
What went wrong with Ristolainen. He was a good def at first and now they try to trade him. Is he that bad? And only 24 yo.

I would take him if Weber or Petry were not there or was injure for a long time.
He's more of a second striker than D. I guess Buffalo wants a stay-at-home Dman.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Idk that Anaheim will make a move for risto unless it buying low.

We cant afford to trade our 1st, as we don't know how the team will look this year.... too much risk.

We don't really have any centers available... I suppose Henrique, but most sabre fans don't want him.
Obviously we wouldn't really be interested in moving Steel/Zegras/Lundy for him. Groulx could be part of the package, but Idk that it moves the needle much.

Top 6 wingers, sure we might be able to move players in that area... but idk that theyd have the quality buffao fans want. I feel like Kase/silf would be debatable amongst duck fans... last I checked buffalo fans thought risto brings back rakell which was laughable.

I just don't see us being good partners anymore.... I think were just going to ride with Lindholm Manson Guhle and fowler as our top 4 and hope Larsson/Mahura take steps forward this year.
Just an FYI, I am 100% sure, and have been since late June, that when, not if, but when Risto goes, he won't be the only piece leaving in that trade from the Sabres. Have a great day all.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just an FYI, I am 100% sure, and have been since late June, that when, not if, but when Risto goes, he won't be the only piece leaving in that trade from the Sabres. Have a great day all.
Maybe but if your hinting at rakell I just don't know what the add could be that would be enticing enough

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
How about a 3-way trade?

WPG:
Petry, Jeff retained down to 3.5M AAV

They need a first pair defenseman which they get in Petry.
This also increases their cap space available to sign Laine & Conor by $0.625M.

BUF:
Perreault, Mathieu
Allan McShane
2020 WPG 2nd rd pick

Brings them under the cap ceiling.
Adds forward depth currently needed.

MTL:
Ristolainen, Rasmus

His age fits their core better, they also need a guy that's more efficient on the PP.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
How about a 3-way trade?

WPG:

BUF:
Perreault, Mathieu
Allan McShane
2020 WPG 2nd rd pick

MTL:
Ristolainen, Rasmus

His age fits their core better, they also need a guy that's more efficient on the PP.

No . Absolutely garbage offer. Not trading Risto for an aging 3C. I guarantee when Risto goes it will be for a legit 2C instead of the horrible rip off proposals being offered. Montreal ends up with the best player and only has to give up a dime a dozen average at best prospect to go from Petry to Risto? No.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Maybe but if your hinting at rakell I just don't know what the add could be that would be enticing enough
I indicate no team or player, never have. The only thing I've said is that I am 100% confident Risto will be dealt before the start of the 2019/2020 season.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I indicate no team or player, never have. The only thing I've said is that I am 100% confident Risto will be dealt before the start of the 2019/2020 season.

Yea, but you are doing it in a pretty obnoxious and ambiguous manner. No offense.

Why do you think people want to see you continuously post that you are 100 percent sure of something, give no details, and deny having any inside knowledge? It adds nothing to the thread besides confusion

Last edited:

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
No . Absolutely garbage offer. Not trading Risto for an aging 3C. I guarantee when Risto goes it will be for a legit 2C instead of the horrible rip off proposals being offered. Montreal ends up with the best player and only has to give up a dime a dozen average at best prospect to go from Petry to Risto? No.

If he was to go for a 2C, he'd likely already be gone by now.

McShane projects as a middle 6C, go see what Pronman says about the guy if you want to know more about him.
Perreault is that older middle 6 C/W at a lower cap hit to bring the Sabres under the cap. 2nd round picks carry quite the weight in a salary cap world.

As for the Habs, the net cost to go from Petry to Ristolainen is a decrease in the quality of play on the second pair (Petry is much more complete at this point of his career.), they also end up with a price tag of 7.4M for Ristolainen due to the 2M retention going to Winnipeg. Oh, and they lose a solid prospect in McShane.

So I wouldn't say they give up "nothing".

Literally helps both WPG & Buffalo to fit under the cap and provides them with solutions to their needs, albeit being immediate for WPG and long-term for Buffalo.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
How about a 3-way trade?

WPG:

BUF:
Perreault, Mathieu
Allan McShane
2020 WPG 2nd rd pick

MTL:
Ristolainen, Rasmus

This is horrible and we can fix our cap by simply sending Hunwick and Wilson down to start the year. Next year we have 15m coming off the cap. There is no cap problem right now and Risto won't be traded for garbage just to save us cap room.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Anaheim only has two RH Dmen (Manson and Holzer), while Vegas only has one (Engelland). Each team has only three top-four quality Dmen, and no RHD depth coming up either. Arizona only has Demers as a RH guy as well.

Didn't Arizona just pick a RHD #11 in the draft? Amazing that he's busted already and isn't "coming up" any time soon.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How about a 3-way trade?

WPG:

BUF:
Perreault, Mathieu
Allan McShane
2020 WPG 2nd rd pick

MTL:
Ristolainen, Rasmus

WTF...this is garbage...

Yiu can make that trade with WPG

Risto is better than Petry.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Maybe not the right thread, but anyone else watch Risto these last 2 years and think, 'He should be a forward'?

I really think a Brent Burns trial period on the wing during preseason is worth considering. I know RHD are in super high demand which makes this idea less than likely, but I truly believe he might be a better forward than dman, and it's worth exploring.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If he was to go for a 2C, he'd likely already be gone by now.

McShane projects as a middle 6C, go see what Pronman says about the guy if you want to know more about him.
Perreault is that older middle 6 C/W at a lower cap hit to bring the Sabres under the cap. 2nd round picks carry quite the weight in a salary cap world.

As for the Habs, the net cost to go from Petry to Ristolainen is a decrease in the quality of play on the second pair (Petry is much more complete at this point of his career.), they also end up with a price tag of 7.4M for Ristolainen due to the 2M retention going to Winnipeg. Oh, and they lose a solid prospect in McShane.

So I wouldn't say they give up "nothing".

Literally helps both WPG & Buffalo to fit under the cap and provides them with solutions to their needs, albeit being immediate for WPG and long-term for Buffalo.

The Sabres don't need any "help" with the salary cap. We need better forwards. Your proposal has a cap dump/3rd liner trending down as the only roster player going to Buffalo. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad