Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign Sam Reinhart to a 1 Year Deal AAV $5.2M

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Wish they’d gone longer on it if they could lock in that 5.2, but whatever, he’ll look better on a non-suck Sabre squad and will get his payday here or elsewhere. Will enjoy watching this season though.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Wish they’d gone longer on it if they could lock in that 5.2, but whatever, he’ll look better on a non-suck Sabre squad and will get his payday here or elsewhere. Will enjoy watching this season though.

As has been mentioned - a one year deal ensures he remains RFA. Plus it ties in perfectly with Hall.

So there will be opportunity to sign him long term if Hall leaves next summer - or trade him at maximum value if Hall does resign.

Hopefully they get VO done on a 2 year deal @ ~3.5m/per & I'll give Adams an A.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
That is a good cap number I think. If Olofsson and Ullmark come in with similarly reasonable team-friendly cap #'s, it will leave some flexibility to address another position or two.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Screenshot_20201025-104656.png

Uhhhhh :huh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-104656.png
    Screenshot_20201025-104656.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Also just noticed the press release says CENTER Sam Reinhart.

Just do it.

We all know he won't be playing center. I'm sure he preferred to categorize himself as a center based on the AAV per the contract. With the COVID situation, this makes sense. A one year deal is best for all parties involved. I have no issues on the AAV for Sam.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The nice thing about all these one year deals, is the mentality of having something to prove every game to earn that next contract. The bad thing is paying them the next year haha.... I’m actually very excited for this Sabre’s team for the first time in a long time.

Kevyn Adams has a done a fantastic job so far revitalizing what in my opinion was the biggest mess of an organization in the league. The future is bright and buffalo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad