Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Marcus Johansson 2yrs 9mil (4.5 AAV)

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

Interesting how close that chart is to Okposo's (outside of Johansson's outlier last Caps season).

Jd1v7IK.png

Concussions are a hell of an injury. Hopefully both of them keep improving back towards what they were some more.

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
Thank God i was starting to think that they vessey was going to be the only forward added, good move that is low risk high reward

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I think wearing #90 put him as a priority for Botterill to sign.

Seriously though, I think Botterill looks at him as a potential 2C stop-gap. Despite his lack of time there the last couple years, he's got more experience there than anyone else Krueger could hope to play there. His strong playoff might be an indicator that his concussion problems are on the decline, and might be able to play 80 games again.

If not, two years is not a big problem. I expect, among other moves, that Pegula is perfectly fine with waiving Sobotka and paying his salary for not being on the roster.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's better than trading for Turris or Wennberg. I'd still prefer a 2C who has actually been playing C however.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't hate it, but it doesn't solve a whole lot. Adds some skill to the forwards and there's not any risk to it, but the issues they had yesterday are still there today.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Even if Mittelstadt has to play a 2C role, he's getting an awful lot of help to do it between Johansson and Reinhart. So this signing still helps overall in icing a 2nd line that can match up well to top competition.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Guy says his possession entering the zone are comparable to Kopitar and Aho. I'll take it.

Plus if he picks #90 then a lot of people can pull some old jerseys out of the closet. Sorrentino's on Sheridan changes nameplates cheap.

Great deal. 2 years is perfect.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's better than trading for Turris or Wennberg. I'd still prefer a 2C who has actually been playing C however.
I have to think there are more loves coming. We have 9 NHL dmen who are waiver eligible as well as Pilut in the mix.

We also have 11 forwards under contract with pending RFAs to sign in Larsson/Erod as well as Olofsson, CJ Smith, Tage and Nylander looking to grab spots.

Regardless of how good we think any of these guys are we have more bodies than spots available.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Guy says his possession entering the zone are comparable to Kopitar and Aho. I'll take it.

Plus if he picks #90 then a lot of people can pull some old jerseys out of the closet. Sorrentino's on Sheridan changes nameplates cheap.

Great deal. 2 years is perfect.
Skinner and Eichel on line 1 with Reinhart and Johansson on line 2 gives us 2 capable lines.

Reactions: darcyRegier

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Happy with this. We need REAL NHL depth, and MoJo provides that. I wouldn't mind him on the top-line with Skinner and Eichel. I think he can perform well there, and it allows Reinhart to push the pace on the 2nd line.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I have to think there are more loves coming. We have 9 NHL dmen who are waiver eligible as well as Pilut in the mix.

We also have 11 forwards under contract with pending RFAs to sign in Larsson/Erod as well as Olofsson, CJ Smith, Tage and Nylander looking to grab spots.

Regardless of how good we think any of these guys are we have more bodies than spots available.
There is a big trade coming, I still believe that. I also think there could be a Skinner like trade coming also, a trade for a forward entering the last year of their contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad