Friedman: Sabres shopping D? (Not Risto)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

The team knows what the market is for Risto and clearly doesn't think anyone is offering enough to move him, but the blue line in Buffalo is still crowded. Scandella makes some sense --- he's been playing better this year, so there's probably some market for him, and he's a pending UFA. Montour could also make some sense since Miller and Jokiharju have taken the RD slots behind Risto.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Gotta think Scandella is one of those names. Maybe McCabe? He's the only other guy who kinda fits

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Would they consider moving Montour so soon after getting him? They are stacked on the right side with lots of offencive guys; Risto, Miller, Jokiharju. These three have performed well, why break it up?

Might want to keep Bogosian around as a penalty killing option, plus they won’t get anything for him on the market.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not surprising they aren’t happy with the return on Ristolainen or that they want to Trade other D then instead of Ristolainen.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm sure they are talking about Scandella and/or Bogosian, but if for some reason McCabe is on the block, I would be very interested.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Gotta think Scandella is one of those names. Maybe McCabe? He's the only other guy who kinda fits

I don't think McCabe is a guy they'd look to move. He just got an "A" put on his chest, and he's been logging top pairing minutes for the Sabres this season. I suspect the organization value having him on the team a good bit more than what he'd be worth in a trade. Scandella and Montour are the guys who make the most sense to me. It'd be a bit weird to see Montour moved to soon after acquiring him, but we've added 2 more RHD since getting him, so it's hard to see where he fits in if Ristolainen is staying put.

Reactions: Chainshot

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think McCabe is a guy they'd look to move. He just got an "A" put on his chest, and he's been logging top pairing minutes for the Sabres this season. I suspect the organization value having him on the team a good bit more than what he'd be worth in a trade. Scandella and Montour are the guys who make the most sense to me. It'd be a bit weird to see Montour moved to soon after acquiring him, but we've added 2 more RHD since getting him, so it's hard to see where he fits in if Ristolainen is staying put.

Makes a lot of sense.

Montour would garner some interest I suspect, but agreed it would be somewhat surprising to see him moving so soon. I also forgot about Bogosian, but at his caphit and injury frequency he would be a tough deal to swing I guess

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Friedman is talking out of his ass again, the Sabres are doing good. Why would they disrupt that chemistry?

We've got a roadblock at D - more so when guys like Bogosian, Fitzgerald, Pilut and Montour come off IR.

Sabres have to move assets at D to fill in some other holes we have - especially our third line. There's no chemistry on that line. Zip.

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Because they can trade an asset that improves their team. I mean, the type of logic you just presented would basically dictate that top teams should never make trades.

I am not saying that top teams should not make trades, all I am saying is that, it is tooearly in season to be making trades. The Sabres are off to a good start early in the season, keep that going.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
We've got a roadblock at D - more so when guys like Bogosian, Fitzgerald, Pilut and Montour come off IR.

Sabres have to move assets at D to fill in some other holes we have - especially our third line. There's no chemistry on that line. Zip.

Did not know about the injuries.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Who's your best LHD besides Dahlin?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I could see them moving Bogosian near the deadline but right now? Doesnt make much sense. If they're in a playoff spot by the deadline I don't see them moving anyone at all.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Friedman is talking out of his ass again, the Sabres are doing good. Why would they disrupt that chemistry?

I love these kind of posts. Like the guy who got mad at LeBrun for reporting that he heard the Sharks were going to sign Marleau.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

They have two other NHL defenseman in Montour and Pilut to make room for, and a real need to upgrade some top 9 forwards (Vesey, Sobotka, Sheary, Rodrigues)

Reactions: coastal and willsy

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I love these kind of posts. Like the guy who got mad at LeBrun for reporting that he heard the Sharks were going to sign Marleau.

I would never get mad at other journalists because they don't post too much crap but Friedman has been doing this too much. It probably is old man yelling at the cloud but I think Friedman misses too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad