Speculation: Sabres Roster Speculation - Pre-season 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
These two things are unrelated. If they move Vic and sit at the floor again…I don’t see how that’s an argument they aren’t being cheap regardless of how you feel about Olofsson. The cap space with obvious roster holes is one problem. Olofsson being garbage is a second, unrelated problem. Fixing the latter would be great. I don’t know how it excuses the former.

If they cheap out on goal and D again…that’s a problem.

This team missed by one game. If they won’t spend to fill their obvious holes now…it’s a giant f***ing problem. There’s no D coming to fix their issue. Drafting one this year doesn’t fix it for years. If they work out. They need to address their issues. In part…With money. If they don’t what other opinion can you possibly have but cheap?
Stop pretending it’s easy to acquire goalies. Stevie Y has failed two years in a row trying to acquire one. I don’t even say that as a criticism but an example of my point. Maybe more will be willing to come here after this season.

As for the defense, thats more about self imposed restrictions on age for any major acquisition. Now that the development season has played out. There is no reason to handicap themselves like that.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The scene in the secret laboratory under the KBC:

View attachment 689478
I’d be disappointed if we have a genetic lab in KBC and we aren’t at least trying at a Hasek clone.

Though, the Sabres and Hasek played in Ottawa exactly 10 months before Levi was born. I’m not saying anything….but maybe Adams knows something we don’t. Someone get between Levi and a television and see if he says “must see, must see”

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
As far as cap space goes, if Olofsson gets traded and then Compher gets signed for 4.75 mil AAV, I'm definitely not going to complain about not using more cap space. Same for trading Jokiharju to Sea for Borgen (re-signed for 2.5 mil AAV) and coming out cap neutral.
I‘d love to re-acquire Borgen but he’s not a top 4 dman. Unless you feel Granato can make him one.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
As someone mentioned in the next 2 drafts our 1st round selections (if they aren't traded) better be defenseman. KA needs to replenish our pipeline with defenseman!

I get your point but disagree. I think you always take the best player available. If the need comes up at a specific position you can use one of the best players available you drafted to possibly get a better prospect than was available if you pigeonhole yourself into selecting a position.

Did I just make any sense? LOL

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Any chance Buffalo goes after Patrick Kane?

Not sure he would even want to play for Buffalo.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Mitts ended last year with 7pts in 14gms in April
Started this season with 7pts in 9gms in October.(9pts in fist 14gms)

Its nonsense
I didn’t realize counting points Is the only indicator of performance.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Any chance Buffalo goes after Patrick Kane?

Not sure he would even want to play for Buffalo.
If there was a player the exact opposite of Patrick Kane…like a bizarro Kane who had zero offensive ability and creatively destroyed plays in the defensive zone…and barely bothered to skate into the offensive zone? They’d be more likely to target Bizarro Patrick Kane

Reactions: Zman5778

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Please direct me where any serious poster said we need to trade Tage because Mitts is the chosen one.

I saw some post thst suggested trading Thompson for spare parts. I think it was on the CGY+BUF trade around getting back Andersson.

id like to have multiple scoring lines and not relying on ine

Grernway-Tage-Quinn
Skinner-Mitts-Tuch
Peterka-Krebs-Cozens
Girgs-Savoie-xxx
Jost

As far as cap space goes, if Olofsson gets traded and then Compher gets signed for 4.75 mil AAV, I'm definitely not going to complain about not using more cap space. Same for trading Jokiharju to Sea for Borgen (re-signed for 2.5 mil AAV) and coming out cap neutral.
I would because that’s bat shit crazy to pay Compher that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would because that’s bat shit crazy to pay Compher that.

What would you pay Compher then. He's making $3.5M, just put up over 50 points and has gotten some love from members of the national press about who should be 2nd to Bergeron in Selke voting. He's similar to Danault when he moved to LA, a bit less than someone like Trochek and less than Pageau got for going to the Islanders. What are you paying in free agency?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
What would you pay Compher then. He's making $3.5M, just put up over 50 points and has gotten some love from members of the national press about who should be 2nd to Bergeron in Selke voting. He's similar to Danault when he moved to LA, a bit less than someone like Trochek and less than Pageau got for going to the Islanders. What are you paying in free agency?
I think djp is Tom Galisano sometimes with how stingy he is lol

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I do think it’s inherently a result of Adams’ inaction that recommending trading Tage for a package that includes a goalie and a D makes sense to someone. These are things Adams can fill without moving a core piece. Even if he makes it look like it’s impossible
I think it’s more that the local poster’s pharmacy is giving out crazy pills

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
You're crazy if you think Compher isn't worth that, or that Buffalo shouldn't pay that much for him. I know you lowball every contract scenario by at least two mil, but jeeezus.
He’s an absolute gem on trade proposals it cracks me up.

“Would Sabres be willing to trade Krebs for McDavid?”

“no McDavid makes too much money, doesn’t fit the Sabres age window and doesn’t have pest factor krevs has… sabres have multiple contracts to be negotiated.. maybe a 5th + Lybushkin would be worth it. But no deal for krebs. Edmonton would have to add a 1st at least and retain 50%”

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I hope our big gap fillers are through trades. FA can be a fool's game. I suppose some bottom half guys can be worth it but otherwise you're overpaying often and gifting a season or two on top of it.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You're crazy if you think Compher isn't worth that, or that Buffalo shouldn't pay that much for him. I know you lowball every contract scenario by at least two mil, but jeeezus.

hes just not worth that. He’s not all that much of a defensive center. He’s just strong on face offs.he plays bottom 6. Just not worth that price tage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad