Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Power 7 years $58.45 million ($8.35 million AAV)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Very happy both deals are done.

Having cap certainly is great. This should give Adams a better idea of how much money should be committed to our incoming forward crop. Very nice to get your top 2 C + top 3 D locked up on good contracts for 7 years.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They have the second lowest payroll in the league this season. 25 million in projected cap space next year and plenty of ELCs to join the payroll. If they aren’t in the bottom third yet again next year…then talk to me about the Pegula’s investments.

or whenever they get that top 4 D and goalie.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
They have the second lowest payroll in the league this season. 25 million in projected cap space next year and plenty of ELCs to join the payroll. If they aren’t in the bottom third yet again next year…then talk to me about the Pegula’s investments.

To be fair, they have shelled out for every player that has deserved a mega deal on this team.

Pegula hasn’t been cheap in retention, maybe in overpaying in FA, but not in retention

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Having two top 1 D makes not having a 4th "top 4" D a little more palatable though.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
I have no idea how to feel. Great to have Power here for the next 8 years. Not great about feeling doubtful of the Sanderson deal and then our team turning around and playing out the exact same scenario. He's a defenseman, they take longer to develop, there will be some growing pains still and at that new term, it will be a harder pill to swallow. For now I will be happy about it and not let those voices talk me out of it.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I have no idea how to feel. Great to have Power here for the next 8 years. Not great about feeling doubtful of the Sanderson deal and then our team turning around and playing out the exact same scenario. He's a defenseman, they take longer to develop, there will be some growing pains still and at that new term, it will be a harder pill to swallow. For now I will be happy about it and not let those voices talk me out of it.
Even before the Sanderson deal I think this was around what most people were thinking if it was gonna be 7 or 8 years

Reactions: beerme1

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
1697071396381.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00