Eklund Rumor: Sabres Prioritize Moving Kane (Kings, Blues, Knights)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Sabres might as well keep him and see how he does in a contract year. He doesn't have too much value but in the right role he's great.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Sell him now, his value won't get much higher.

Manson and a 2nd and Kane goes to the Ducks.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I think the Eberle and Kane swap could being beneficial for both teams. Eberle with Eichle could be magical. Kane could be that piece that helps the Oilers go further next post season.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I think the Eberle and Kane swap could being beneficial for both teams. Eberle with Eichle could be magical. Kane could be that piece that helps the Oilers go further next post season.

That doesn't make sense for the Sabres for cap reasons. They're facing a potential cap crunch when Eichel and Reinhart get paid. There will be a whole lot of money tied up in four forwards while there's still glaring needs in the top 4 defense.

That's the major reason why Kane is even being shopped. Swap him for Eberle and the Sabres are adding even more salary while putting themselves in the exact same position next offseason needing to move Eberle rather than letting him walk for nothing in free agency.

Not interested in bringing back significant salary in return for Kane unless it's a defenseman.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Sabres might as well keep him and see how he does in a contract year. He doesn't have too much value but in the right role he's great.

Rumors had it that the Sabres locker room was in a shambles by the end of the season. Kane has been an unmitigated disaster. They have to get rid of him.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Rumors had it that the Sabres locker room was in a shambles by the end of the season. Kane has been an unmitigated disaster. They have to get rid of him.

Sources? I have multiple that work in the org and Kane has never been a named mentioned to me about being a problem in the locker room. The team as a whole was actually pretty close because they all wanted Bylsma gone.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Has all the skills you want for a Leafs fan looking to upgrade Hyman on Matthews LW.
Big, skates well, hits, has snarl, and can finish.

Also has a bad reputation around the league for off ice issues (cant say if this is deserved or not, but its the perception). I think this severely diminishes his return. Almost Ribeiro level of bad (the guy who was at .55 ppg and got an AHL demotion)

Would only take him at a reasonable price with the above considered. Dont think thats going to happen.

Hope leafs take a look in free agency in a year or so.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Might not be a popular opinion, but Kane to Boston would fit Bruins needs.

Don't see a deal to be made though.

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
Sources? I have multiple that work in the org and Kane has never been a named mentioned to me about being a problem in the locker room. The team as a whole was actually pretty close because they all wanted Bylsma gone.

Wasn't the disfunction pretty much between the players and the coaches, not the players with each other

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton
I don't think that's the type of trade Vancouver should be doing...

They need to stockpile picks. That's like trading JVR and a 2nd for Tanev. A 1 year player and a 2nd is terrible for a rebuilding team.

So does that mean Jim Benning is considering it then?

:sarcasm:

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
Kane is a LW, yes? If so I can't see why the Blues would even be mentioned. We have absolutely no need for a LW - Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri, Perron, etc.

So none of those players are able to play any other position besides LW?

Kane does bring something the Blues badly need. Goals.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He has pretty high value right now. Been a good locker room presence by all accounts, has kept his nose clean, and is the power forward that every team covets who will be 26 at the start of the season. I have been in the minority camp that he shouldn't be traded and should be extended. If he doesn't want to re-sign, then a similar aged top 4 lhd would be the return.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It's crazy that a guy who has averaged 30g/82gp since becoming a Sabre has "low value" :laugh:

Again, it's people who have no clue about Kane going off of stuff they heard from his Jet days. And seeing how the Jets are still in shambles Byufglien was probably just as much to blame as Kane. Kane isn't being sold low, he has zero issues with his teammates here and is one of the best even strength goal scorers in the entire league. Did I mention he's an 8 year vet with over 150 career goals and doesn't turn 26 until August? Yeah, low value suuuure.

He's a legitimate LW1 that is one of the few true power forwards left in the entire game. His value is far far higher then this board thinks. I'd prefer an extension, especially at 6 per or under.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It's crazy that a guy who has averaged 30g/82gp since becoming a Sabre has "low value" :laugh:

Kane is awesome, but the one year he played a complete season was the shortened lockout year.

He's always good to miss ~10 games due to injury (and I think I read somewhere that he came back early this year and was ineffective for a chunk of the season as a result?). Anyway, using pace is misleading with a guy like Kane.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC

Again, it's people who have no clue about Kane going off of stuff they heard from his Jet days. And seeing how the Jets are still in shambles Byufglien was probably just as much to blame as Kane. Kane isn't being sold low, he has zero issues with his teammates here and is one of the best even strength goal scorers in the entire league. Did I mention he's an 8 year vet with over 150 career goals and doesn't turn 26 until August? Yeah, low value suuuure.

He's a legitimate LW1 that is one of the few true power forwards left in the entire game. His value is far far higher then this board thinks. I'd prefer an extension, especially at 6 per or under.

Actually, his 6 month probation just ended less than 2 weeks ago...

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
That doesn't make sense for the Sabres for cap reasons. They're facing a potential cap crunch when Eichel and Reinhart get paid. There will be a whole lot of money tied up in four forwards while there's still glaring needs in the top 4 defense.

That's the major reason why Kane is even being shopped. Swap him for Eberle and the Sabres are adding even more salary while putting themselves in the exact same position next offseason needing to move Eberle rather than letting him walk for nothing in free agency.

Not interested in bringing back significant salary in return for Kane unless it's a defenseman.

In what world does Reinhart "get paid"?

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
So none of those players are able to play any other position besides LW?

Kane does bring something the Blues badly need. Goals.

They can play other positions but I don't see how that makes more sense than acquiring a player that actually plays RW. It isn't a choice between Kane or nothing. It would make a lot more sense to try to allow everybody to play their natural position if possible.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Wasn't the disfunction pretty much between the players and the coaches, not the players with each other

Aside from Lehners outburst about the team abandoning Bylsmas terrible system mid season for parts of a few games it seems everyone just wanted him gone.

Lehner got pissed because Bylsmas system is a low% shot chance way of playing that inflates the goalies stats a little and zaps the teams creativity.

There were no internal issues between players with eachother, they are a close group that I really want to see win because they deserve it for sticking through this mess.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him have his best season.
1. He's 26
2. He playing with a young rising star.
3. He's in a contract year and seems to like money.

Would anyone really be shocked if he scored 40 assuming him and Eichel say relatively healthy. No one's going to break the bank for a wild card like Kane with a one year contract. This is why you traded for him in the first place. He's fully primed for a monster season imo. The oilers just went from dust to first in a season. You can do it too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad