Eklund Rumor: Sabres Prioritize Moving Kane (Kings, Blues, Knights)

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
I know I know...Eklund this and Eklund that. I don't care.

Thing is Kane's name has been coming up quite a bit. Now that we have a new GM hired and a new coach coming in, Kane getting moved is a real possibility.

What do you see coming back from three (two really, as Vegas doesn't have much to give) teams?

What other teams would be interested?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Remineder - Kane is UFA next summer unless there's some re-sign business going on prior with any of the teams involved. Shoot.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Kane is a LW, yes? If so I can't see why the Blues would even be mentioned. We have absolutely no need for a LW - Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri, Perron, etc.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
They will trade him to a contender for a playoff push at the deadline then he'll sign with canucks when he becomes free agent

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kane is a tough call for the Oilers.

Undeniably IMO he is a far, far, far, faaaaar better fit with the Oilers on the ice than Eberle is. I could totally see him taking off big time with McDavid.

But the off-ice stuff is concerning.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No thanks. We need a RW and the team doesn't need guys with character issues.

Weird that's the same thing that was said about Kassian. Kane is a Chiarelli type player and he's a shoot first guy, would be potentially lethal combination with McDavid.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
My scenario is MAF and Maatta to the Sabres for Kane and the 8th draft pick. Pens recoup the pick and protect Dumo, Letang and Schultz and they sign extensions. Cole may be the LV ED selection and Pens use Kane to trade to LV to get back Cole. Pens have protected Murray, freed up 10 million in cap space and LV gets a high profile scorer and helps them getting to 54 million as the floor. Not the best way to go, but it does give the Pens a way to trade MAF and not buy him out. If not Kane can still be moved for a need.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Sabres trade him for defensive help.

Not swapping him for another forward.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
My scenario is MAF and Maatta to the Sabres for Kane and the 8th draft pick. Pens recoup the pick and protect Dumo, Letang and Schultz and they sign extensions. Cole may be the LV ED selection and Pens use Kane to trade to LV to get back Cole. Pens have protected Murray, freed up 10 million in cap space and LV gets a high profile scorer and helps them getting to 54 million as the floor. Not the best way to go, but it does give the Pens a way to trade MAF and not buy him out. If not Kane can still be moved for a need.

Unlikely Buff accepts that. Plus do they even need flower? Swap Fleury for Sheary and maybe they do idk

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kane's character issues are way overblown. He's made some dumb choices in the past but people learn from their mistakes and I think he's a hell of a player

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Send him to vegas. Doesn't he have a really nice penthouse there?

Edit: answer is yes.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
No idea why the Blues would be interested unless they were essentially giving him away. Left wing is our strongest forward position. We need to add skill no doubt, but not at left wing. I think Eklund is just taking a stab in the dark at teams that need to add some skill up front that maybe have Dmen to spare. It's just not going to be the Blues. Bad guess on his part.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
So basically, Kane's getting re-upped in Buffalo at 6x6. 25 goal power forward in his prime that forechecks without mercy and hustles every shift. Works for me.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Wouldnt mind kane on the kings, but we cant afford the caphit and the contract is too short. Even with retention it wouldnt work, it would just be a lucic repeat. We have left d semi available in muzzin and martinez, but we'd probably be after cheaper cost controlled forwards.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Weird that's the same thing that was said about Kassian. Kane is a Chiarelli type player and he's a shoot first guy, would be potentially lethal combination with McDavid.

They are going to want D help though. But I agree the idea of Kane with McDavid or Draisaitl is frightening.

They would have to move out RNH and Eberle though. Then Lucic, Kane, Draisaitl and McDavid are your big ticket items up front moving forward.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is dumb---even if from Eklund. This is the common grasping at straws because a GM got fird who acquired him so the new GM probably doesnt want him anymore......

If Buffalo is moving Kane its for a Dman.

moving Kane for a vet Dman forces them to expose 2 more forwards to Vegas which would factor into any trade prior to the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00