Speculation: Sabres offering Cody Franson 2-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Did Franson learn to skate backward this summer to justify a 2 year contract?

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
we desperately need a defenseman. Ever since we lost Zads that became evident. 2 years is great. Big towering defenseman with offensive potential. I would much rather have him in the lineup than Carlo.

Bogosian Ristolanin

Gorges Franson

McCabe Pysyk

Weber/Carlo

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
He sucks. 2 years? Who cares.

He is fifth in power play scoring for a defenseman since 2010, Yeah he stinks,:laugh:.:laugh::laugh:If he didn't have his deadline slump with the Preds he would of been off the market long ago.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He is fifth in power play scoring for a defenseman since 2010, Yeah he stinks,:laugh:.:laugh::laugh:If he didn't have his deadline slump with the Preds he would of been off the market long ago.

He's terrible. Cool stats though.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I really like it.

I mean, yeah he has his warts, and yes he doesn't play the left side, but still a lot to like about it...

- It's short term (Long term would be disaster)
- Helps provide offense from our blueline... something we don't have much of
- Adds another capable body and an improvement on the likes of Weber, Gorges, Cola, etc.

No real downside, a lot better than doing nothing. This defense doesn't look that bad...

Ristolainen - Bogosian
Gorges - Franson
Colaiacovo - Pysyk
X - Weber

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
For two years why not? If Pysyk and McCabe keep developing then we let him walk or trade him at the deadline and move forward. If one falters and our coaching staff can improve his D zone play then maybe he can stick around for a couple more seasons. Shelter him with o-zone starts and on the first power-play unit to maximize his skillset.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If nothing else he'll probably be good for 76+ games a season, something we could use on our blue line. His stats are pretty decent compared to the other Leafs Dmen.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
The predators were one of the best shooting teams in the league last year and when it came to shots on net and attempts. There numbers were 5% higher when franson was on the ice. Could be a big help to a bad offense

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I really like it.

I mean, yeah he has his warts, and yes he doesn't play the left side, but still a lot to like about it...

- It's short term (Long term would be disaster)
- Helps provide offense from our blueline... something we don't have much of
- Adds another capable body and an improvement on the likes of Weber, Gorges, Cola, etc.

Agreed on point one.

Agreed on point two.

Point 3? Not even close. He's not an improvement over Weber or Cola.....and he's only an improvement over Gorges if Gorges is broken.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Point 3? Not even close. He's not an improvement over Weber or Cola.....and he's only an improvement over Gorges if Gorges is broken.

Really? Out of curiosity, what makes you think that? I've barely paid attention to him in any live games so I'm wondering what he does that makes people hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad