Speculation: Sabres offering Cody Franson 2-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Surprised this hasn't been resolved yet.

Hopefully this has been resolved, Murray saw the error of his ways and pulled the deal off the table....

We know two things that Murray isn't fond of: 1) players who don't really want to be a Buffalo Sabre (i.e. Ehrhoff); and 2) players who have a higher opinion of themselves than Murray does (i.e. Grigorenko). From all of the reports and rumors floating out there, it seems that Franson has unrealistic demands for someone of his resume and he's probably being picky about playing for a contender rather than a rebuilding team.

If so, I can see Murray rescinding his offer or qualifying it as a 'take-it-or-leave-it' stance that he won't budge or negotiate on.

All of which I support Murray's approach on. It's fine if he tosses a wide net out there to see what he can catch but he's not going to change his criteria or M.O.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The length is what we discussed, the AAV is meh but there are so many D, not necessarily great D, just a lot of them.

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
but there are so many D, not necessarily great D but just a lot of them.

Well seeing that yesterday Josh Chapman was 6th on the defensemen depth chart for Rochester; we needed more. Still think we need another for the AHL.

Other thoughts/question:

- I was amused to hear other fan bases thinking that they could get Franson on a PTO.

- I am interested to see see the status of my year long prediction (that we'll be closer to the salary cap than the floor this season).

- The contract will probably end up being for $3.35M. Franson's pride will require that he earns more than last season.

- Would you rather have Mike Green's contract or Franson's right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad