TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
giphy.gif

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Seems like the bigger news here is that PSE is no more and that the football and hockey teams will now operate independently. Kim was already pres of the Sabres was she not?
No.. they named that Roth guy President couple months ago

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Sounds like Terry is going to focus more on the Sabres than the Bills right now. I take this as a good thing.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Was anyone holding this title while Kim was in the picture? Who had the title between Ted Black and John Roth?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sounds like Terry is going to focus more on the Sabres than the Bills right now.i take this as a good thing.
He's 0-12 making the playoffs in full seasons of ownership.

A good thing would be an experienced hockey person. A great thing would be selling the team

It went Ted Black, then Russ Brandon and then Kim Pegula
Let's count successful seasons between non hockey people running the franchise as we do it again.

Reactions: dortt and Hudini

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
He broke the curse with the Bills and made them relevant again and a perennial Super Bowl contender with Josh Allen and Brandon Beane and what Sean McDermott as head coach .

The Bills success is why I haven’t given up on our Sabres and here’s to hoping soon we can be a consistent Stanley Cup contender with the young talent and Adam’s running the show

Reactions: Cirris and Dingo44

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The PSE split is interesting. Probably needed if he wanted to sell off a minority stake or do anything major ownership wise with the Sabres.
I think this is right. I bet he wants to sell a minority stake to someone who wants to be more hands on. I can’t imagine he’s enjoyed much of his 12 year ownership.

Reactions: DapperCam

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I don't know that too much should be made of this. Many corporate organizations move from centralized to decentralized structures, or vice versa, (and even back again several years later when needed). There could be a variety of drivers for that - a need for common IT systems, common accounting systems, common other systems (although I don't know that PSE would have a need for a full-blown ERP system).

This move could also be for cost reasons, or for tax reasons, or because of Jesse Pegula's career progress, or to setup fractional transfer to one or more Pegula children, or for other reasons posters mentioned.

If the Pegulas felt the individual entities had outgrown the need for the PSE umbrella, then why keep the umbrella?

Alternatively, the PSE umbrella may have been an over-arching restriction or hindrance the entities did not need / preferred not to have.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm not sure what running the business has to do with on ice results. 🤔
In case you haven't heard, the business side has shorted the hockey side ~$10 million that is supposed to be used to deliver us the Stanley Cup vis-a-vis signing Tomas Tatar and Matt Dumba.
I think this is right. I bet he wants to sell a minority stake to someone who wants to be more hands on. I can’t imagine he’s enjoyed much of his 12 year ownership.
Well, he never attends games here, so I'm not sure how much enjoyment he could ever derive from owning the team. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever see him make an expression of happiness, so who knows (cares).

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Figure splitting the two allows them to claim the Sabre operational loses as a tax break? Just a thought.

For a tenure that began with such promise, it's gone worse than I think anyone could have imagined at the outset.
Plus, the Bills, in some way, are into a large capital expenditure, which likely has both expense and capital impacts, regardless of the portion paid for by State / County.

With the Sabres also planning on KBC expenditures, I think each Team would want the accounting and tax implications separate, and not "rolled up".

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Seems like the bigger news here is that PSE is no more and that the football and hockey teams will now operate independently. Kim was already pres of the Sabres was she not?
Makes no financial sense. Makes me wonder if he is selling all or part of Sabres

Figure splitting the two allows them to claim the Sabre operational loses as a tax break? Just a thought.

For a tenure that began with such promise, it's gone worse than I think anyone could have imagined at the outset.
If they are together, can't the Sabres losses count against Bills profits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad