Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Maple Leafs | Fri 22-Sep 7:30 PM | TSN4 | Ricoh Coliseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The guy hasn't even scored 50 points in the AHL, and you think he'll score 50 in the NHL this season??

Plus, he only played with Martin and Boyle for 8 of those 17 games... The previous season he had significant time with Nylander and Bozak....

I want Kapanen to succeed like any other Leafs fan... but its too early to call/peg him a 50 point guy.

Kapanen wasn't ready in 15/16, he could've been playing in junior that year if he wanted to. Last season he made major strides and became twice the player he was before, so I wouldn't really hold those games with Nylander/Bozak against him too much.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Kapanen wasn't ready in 15/16, he could've been playing in junior that year if he wanted to. Last season he made major strides and became twice the player he was before, so I wouldn't really hold those games with Nylander/Bozak against him too much.

Any which way, you CANNOT call a player that hasn't registered more than 3 points in 23 NHL games (season+playoffs) a 50 point player... thats crazy talk.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
He only played 43 games in the AHL this season. That would be why he didn't score 50 points.

I never said I think he'll score 50 in the NHL this season. That's because I don't expect him to get top 6/9 minutes all season.
I said he could score 50 points if he played top 6 and got pp time all season.

Do you know how many forwards scored 50 points in the NHL last season? 94....

Being a 50 point player is essentially 1st line numbers... Not sure Kapanen could acheive that this year, even if he was given the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad