Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Maple Leafs | Fri 22-Sep 7:30 PM | TSN4 | Ricoh Coliseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I read there is a pre-season game tonight ;)

4vV40kC.png

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Game is on TSN4 tonight.

Center Ice was available for free last game. Maybe tonight? ULF_55

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
as the face of the buffalo sabres franchise, eichel sees through that image. To him, matthews is a fierce, take-no-prisoners competitor who oozes self-worth -- and is willing to crush anyone and anything in his way in order to prove it.

"i think auston has a bit of a confidence and a swagger to him," eichel told postmedia in a candid one-on-one interview. "he's got a bit of that 'f--- you!' mentality in him. And that's a good thing. He doesn't think he has to owe anyone anything."

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Is it possible for you guys to just shut up about the whole Matthews and Hyman thing? You guys have absolutely no influence on the line combinations and Babcock has already given his explanation. It's not up to you. Accept it and maybe we can make way for some more valuable discussion.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Is it possible for you guys to just shut up about the whole Matthews and Hyman thing? You guys have absolutely no influence on the line combinations and Babcock has already given his explanation. It's not up to you. Accept it and maybe we can make way for some more valuable discussion.

Respect my authority!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

what more valuable discussion is there other than discussing the way leafs players are used?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Eichel aint too shabby either!

If there was no Mathews , Eichel would be a nice consolation prize. I suspect Eichel will excel in playoffs much as Neely did.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Hear! Hear! I was thinking the exact same thing.
Its quite tiresome.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Agreed, it's far too prevalent.

Will be interesting to see Neilsen. I don't remember how he did in previous years in preseason games, or did he ever play in one?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hoping to see more of an effort tonight (W or L doesnt matter).

I guess PP1 will be

Komarov(screen)-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau Rielly

PP2

Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Aaltonen Dermott/Borgman

also hoping to see Naz PK

Really hope Dermott Borgam have a good showing

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Yes mgmt thinks there are plenty of preseason games left to be played and want to make sure everyone gets a good look.

Yeah I can totally understand. But seeing Dermott on the right side of Borgmann....I wonder if Babs might consider keeping Dermott on the right. It would totally open the door for another rook to make the team. Especially if there is no confidence in Carrick.

I mean, this is totally way early to speculate but...

Rielly. Hainsey
Garts ziats
Tba. Dermott
Carrick. Polack

Tba = Rosen or Borgmann

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Seems like a waste to even have Mueller playing a preseason game. Would rather see almost anyone else out there, even if it is just a fourth line role. Why would they cut Bracco and Brooks but keep Mueller up?

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Seems like a waste to even have Mueller playing a preseason game. Would rather see almost anyone else out there, even if it is just a fourth line role. Why would they cut Bracco and Brooks but keep Mueller up?

I would imagine they know Brooks and bracco are bound for the Marlies. Might just be to see how meuller does to see where he should go Marlies or maybe solar bears.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Guys not sure if it's been discussed yet, but I wonder if Babs would consider putting Marleau on Matthews line and moving Hyman off ?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I would imagine they know Brooks and bracco are bound for the Marlies. Might just be to see how meuller does to see where he should go Marlies or maybe solar bears.

Age.

Brooks and Bracco are young kids getting started at the pro level. It's better for them to go and get acquainted with the Marlies staff and get to work, than play meaningless pre-season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad