Injury Report: Sabres Injury Report 2021 (Eichel, Hutton, Ullmark, Okposo)

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Sabres' Jack Eichel will 'still be out for a while,' GM says
Sabres captain Jack Eichel will "still be out for a while," general manager Kevyn Adams told reporters Monday after the trade deadline.
"He was again recently looked at by the doctors. There's been a slight improvement from before," Adams said. "That’s as far as I want to go. Where that puts him in terms of return, we’ll have to see. We’d love to have him even if it’s just for the end of the season. It still looks like he’s going to be out for a while."
Adams said there was "more clarity last week" and added that more should be coming in the next few days after continuing discussions with doctors on next steps.

A slight improvement from a neck injury since March 7th doesn't sound good.
I'm not sure we know all.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Sucks. How long does it take to recover from such an operation?
I believe they remove the herniated disc and fuse the two surrounding discs together. I had one in my back but did not go the surgery route. I was told recovery time would be about a month before I could start training again but it may be different with the neck

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I wonder if this was the injury that he got in training and that hit against the boards made it worse.

I would say that's almost likely, or even old and the training injury aggravated it.

My guess would be that it was plaguing him all season and he was trying to power through it, but the hit just pushed it to a point where he couldn't tolerate the pain anymore.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I thought the training camp injury was a shoulder injury? At least that’s what I thought Rayzor mentioned once.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Neck injuries are weird, as are herniated disks. Depending on where things were, it wouldn't be a shock for a herniated disk in the neck to cause pain in the upper part of a shoulder.

My brother has gone through this. I would expect lots of shoulder , back, and arm pain, again depending on which disc is tweaked.

Reactions: Zman5778

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I wonder if this was the injury that he got in training and that hit against the boards made it worse.
that is my belief until told otherwise

Neck injuries are weird, as are herniated disks. Depending on where things were, it wouldn't be a shock for a herniated disk in the neck to cause pain in the upper part of a shoulder.
or, they don’t want to say it’s a neck injury so Jack isn’t targeted there.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Remember when Eichel was just lazy and wasn't really hurt? Yeesh.
In fairness, this needs to stop:

(1) players thinking it's heroic to be in the lineup when they're neither helping the team nor themselves
(2) coaching and management acquiescing to (1)

That said, looking forward to a healthy Jack in 21/22.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
In fairness, this needs to stop:

(1) players thinking it's heroic to be in the lineup when they're neither helping the team nor themselves
(2) coaching and management acquiescing to (1)

That said, looking forward to a healthy Jack in 21/22.

I agree with you. That comment was directed more at the folks around here who were accusing Eichel of sandbagging, etc, all year, when clearly he was injured and still playing.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I agree with you. That comment was directed more at the folks around here who were accusing Eichel of sandbagging, etc, all year, when clearly he was injured and still playing.
I know. I was one of them. Jack looked like he didn't give a shit. Shame on me.

But he shouldn't have been on the ice. Hence my post.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I know. I was one of them. Jack looked like he didn't give a shit. Shame on me.

But he shouldn't have been on the ice. Hence my post.
I was on him too. But what the hell was he doing playing with an injury like that? God help him if he got hit in that area while coping with the injury. I wish him a very speedy and full recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00