Injury Report: Sabres Injury Report 2021 (Eichel, Hutton, Ullmark, Okposo)

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Ah ok this makes much more sense. Thanks for bringing me up to speed! Hope he has a strong recovery.

As much as us fans shit on him, mostly because of his contract (and I personally can’t blame him. I wouldn’t turn down $36M either), none of us have any ill will towards the guy. We just don’t like his contract so we don’t “like” him.

Guy is a warrior. If everyone on this team had his heart they’d be nearly unstoppable

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
As much as us fans shit on him, mostly because of his contract (and I personally can’t blame him. I wouldn’t turn down $36M either), none of us have any ill will towards the guy. We just don’t like his contract so we don’t “like” him.

Guy is a warrior. If everyone on this team had his heart they’d be nearly unstoppable

Oh I wasn’t suggesting him being shut down for the season was a show of his character. Just hadn’t heard of a cheek injury resulting in shutdown. With his past injuries though it makes sense.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Oh I wasn’t suggesting him being shut down for the season was a show of his character. Just hadn’t heard of a cheek injury resulting in shutdown. With his past injuries though it makes sense.
It also depends what bone broke in the cheek, if it hit the ramus of his jaw, he could have his jaw wired up.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I have. Of course they usually aren’t for the season. But then again I can’t think of the last time I heard of one that needed surgery that was this close to the end of the season.

But given his concussion history, I can also see it being a “wait and see if he received another one” thing. I’ve had a couple before where it wasn’t apparent right away. Because obviously they’re not something you can see right away like a fracture or break.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
When Rob Ray got his orbital bone fractured in a fight with Tony Twist, he missed 3 weeks.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
How bout just enjoy life and your family? He doesn't need to open up a pizza place with the money he has earned. Im the same age as okapella and a few mil in the bank for me, adios working world. He should have a lot more in the bank than a few mil with his insane contract.
Capfriendly estimates his career earnings at $50mil. He’s only owed another 8 on his contract over the next 2 seasons. Is another 8 million worth the risk with his injury history when he’s already sitting on 50?

Reactions: elchud

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Capfriendly estimates his career earnings at $50mil. He’s only owed another 8 on his contract over the next 2 seasons. Is another 8 million worth the risk with his injury history when he’s already sitting on 50?

8 million is 8 million, so yes it's worth the risk. The Sabres will have to drag Okposo out kicking and screaming because he clearly still enjoys playing the game. I don't hold that against Okposo, all of us would try to stick it out as long as we can for that amount of money, but the Sabres should do what's best for the team and buy him out as soon as it's feasible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->