Sabres Holding a Vote for the New Goal Song - DJ Kool Wins

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
So many feelings about a goal song. Holy hell. Was there some mystical legacy I missed here about songs they play at hockey games?

If you are that upset they aren't playing the music you want to hear, then every time the Sabres score this season, turn off the television, go outside, take a deep breath, and go back inside and watch the game. The song will be over by then and you save yourself the agony of such a song ruining your personal moment of watching everyone else be happy.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I personally think we have the best goal song in the NHL now. And that kind of means jack ****. But the song is uniquely ours and that's fun. Whatever.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
The best part is that every time I hear it it sounds like a party is starting. What could be beret after 2 years of joyless tanking?.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Sportsnet loves it.
Puck Daddy loves it.
Most other fans love it.

Really, the only people that seem to NOT like the song are a subset of Sabres fans.

The once that don't love it are the rock alternative or heavy metal guys who hate anything that resembles something to rap or dance music.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The once that don't love it are the rock alternative or heavy metal guys who hate anything that resembles something to rap or dance music.

If memory serves me right, Calgary shifted from Shot Down In Flames to Duck Sauce's Barbra Streisand as their goal song a few years ago. And THAT went over about as well as a fart in church. So...they changed it again.

To me, rap and dance music has their place. Put it in the music mix during a game if you want(look at the Kings' website; they maintain a list of what's played at all games-from the time doors open to post-game). Just not as a goal song.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I guarantee it'll get old by March though

I doubt it. Its like any goal song. It just becomes part of the game experience. Even if a song I hated become our goal song. It would eventually wear me down. Then I would sing along or at least not mind it because it symbolizes a goal being scored and the excitement that follows. You would really need to work at it to stay mad over a goal song since you would be fighting your excitement over a goal being scored.

EDIT: It may be less exciting to those that love/like it as time rolls on. But if its playing its because we scored. That never gets old.

Last edited:

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
It's cool in a celebratory sense, but it just doesn't work for me as the goal song. The way they edited it was pretty cool though

Sabres Dynasty

Apr 11, 2015
FNC was rocking when the goal went down and the song was perfect for this. I'm hoping it can provide a few more awesome moments like this one. :handclap:

Also incredibly worried how annoying it will be if we score when we're down by 3-4 goals.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
If memory serves me right, Calgary shifted from Shot Down In Flames to Duck Sauce's Barbra Streisand as their goal song a few years ago. And THAT went over about as well as a fart in church. So...they changed it again.

To me, rap and dance music has their place. Put it in the music mix during a game if you want(look at the Kings' website; they maintain a list of what's played at all games-from the time doors open to post-game). Just not as a goal song.

Not even close to being similar.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
This is what I'm waiting for - the awkward moment when they're down by 4 and score with a minute left and half the crowd has already left the arena. Party time alright...I'll get a chuckle though.

It would be like that for any goal song where you expect the crowd to be involved

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Let's see...the song doesn't scream "HOCKEY!" to me and it was overplayed decades ago. That's just two of the reasons that come to mind right now.

I'd have been happy with, say, Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix...AC/DC's Thunderstruck...and, as previously mentioned, the instrumental parts of SOB(ESPECIALLY the hand-clapping part...imagine the wonders editing would do to that one!).
Even if you hate the song be happy that it was a song that the players chose because the left side of the bracket was player chosen songs and the right side was radio station chosen songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm not sure what song screams hockey. Maybe a new version of the "Hockey Song" where every time hockey is in the lyrics someone screams it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The enterance theme for Blue Meanie and Nova from ECW is now our goal song. What a weird world we live in!

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
It would be like that for any goal song where you expect the crowd to be involved

It's like when the Bills get a meaningless field goal at the end of a blowout, and they still play 'Shout.' You just gotta take the awkward moments with the fun ones.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I heard it 4 times being at the game today. I just don't like it :dunno:

Personal preference. Although everyone cheering/yelling when the dude says "everyone make some noise in this joint!", is kinda cool I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad