Sabres Holding a Vote for the New Goal Song - DJ Kool Wins

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
If that's Howl by Gaslight Anthem, yes please.

Edit: looks like it is. Cool.

That said, I really don't care what the song is.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think either "howl" or "we party you shout". It's a shame one of the two of those songs will be eliminated in the 1st round. I wasn't too crazy about any of the rest of them.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I know the Boys are Back in Town has been overplayed for decades now, but Thin Lizzy is Thin Lizzy, and they'll never not get my vote for anything. That one's a no-brainer.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I know music preference is subjective but some really weird ones here.

That said, I like swords of 1000 men.

Also is it too petty to not want the dropkick murphies because they're associated with Boston?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
thats not the song. its a Dropkick Murphys song.

i think it'll end up Howl v Swords.

I like the Dropkick Murphys, but they are way too closely associated with Boston and the Bruins to be Buffalo's goal song.

I know I'm old and don't listen to pop music, but I don't even know what these other songs are (except Let Me Clear My Throat - which would not make a good goal song).

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Ideally it would be something up-tempo, more on the rock side of the spectrum, maybe with a part for the fans to participate in. I think three of the top four and maybe even the best three are on the left side of the bracket. The final matchup was an empty ballot because both songs were terrible. Overall a disappointing eight song selection. More time should have been put in to select a song or allow fan suggestions then give those a listen and create a bracket.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ideally it would be something up-tempo, more on the rock side of the spectrum, maybe with a part for the fans to participate in. I think three of the top four and maybe even the best three are on the left side of the bracket. The final matchup was an empty ballot because both songs were terrible. Overall a disappointing eight song selection. More time should have been put in to select a song or allow fan suggestions then give those a listen and create a bracket.

The Hawks' goal celebration song works perfectly in that regard and really seems to liven the building up even more after a goal. Not sure what other comparable options are out there...

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Not really any good choices here. Anything but swords of a thousand men would do though. My god that's an awful goal song, and of course Jeremy from WGR is leading the charge for it.

Out of these I'd go with were coming for you. But I wish we could go back to lonely boy. I loved that song

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
They should just bring back Zombie Nation and be done with it

It's a great goal song but kinda dumb to copy the Bruins. I would have liked something up tempo that gets the place buzzing. Most of these soft rock easy going songs are just awful choices.

It doesn't seem like much on the surface but an awesome song that gets the crowd going can really change your experience at the game

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Not really any good choices here. Anything but swords of a thousand men would do though. My god that's an awful goal song, and of course Jeremy from WGR is leading the charge for it.

Out of these I'd go with were coming for you. But I wish we could go back to lonely boy. I loved that song

That's easily the best selection on that list as a real choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad