Sabres Holding a Vote for the New Goal Song - DJ Kool Wins

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
How is that a name relation?

What wunderpanda said. Plus the logo isn't just two sabres, there's a Bison (Buffalo) on there too. :)

Edit: And if someone scores a hat trick, they should play "Hats off to the Bull".

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I say we make sure it ends in a tie, then compromise with a rap song featuring "swords" in the title: GZA - Liquid Swords

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I say we make sure it ends in a tie, then compromise with a rap song featuring "swords" in the title: GZA - Liquid Swords

:handclap:

"When the MC's caaaame, to live our their naame, and to perform some had...To snort cocaaaine, to act the saaame"

That line in the chorus oddly makes sense given the recent findings of increased cocaine use in the NHL.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Gotta say Im a huge fan of the new goal song, I like the build up to the horns and then "make some noise". It really made the arena electric last night

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Love the pick. Hate the edit. They need to speed it up and stop with the hear we go now like 50 times.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Here's an awesome video of the new goal horn after the Eichel goal

Dear Sabres' Twitter manager. You don't use a foghorn, it's definitely a train horn and was originally selected because of the rail line that runs just about under the Aud's front steps.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I ABSOLUTELY DETEST LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT AS THE GOAL SONG. (Sorry for the caps, but I'm really ticked off with the choice. I would use choicer words, but I don't want to get whistled for an infraction. :) )

Quite frankly, I can come up with more than a few choices for a goal song than anything these idiots did. Just as an example, use Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats' SOB...just NOT the words.

This is yet another reason why Entercorpse...sorry, Entercom...is killing radio in Buffalo.

Last edited:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I ABSOLUTELY DETEST LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT AS THE GOAL SONG. (Sorry for the caps, but I'm really ticked off with the choice. I would use choicer words, but I don't want to get whistled for an infraction. :) )

Quite frankly, I can come up with more than a few choices for a goal song than anything these idiots did. Just as an example, use Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats' SOB. But NOT the words.

This is yet another reason why Entercorpse...sorry, Entercom...is killing radio in Buffalo.

Why do you hate it?

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Why do you hate it?

Let's see...the song doesn't scream "HOCKEY!" to me and it was overplayed decades ago. That's just two of the reasons that come to mind right now.

I'd have been happy with, say, Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix...AC/DC's Thunderstruck...and, as previously mentioned, the instrumental parts of SOB(ESPECIALLY the hand-clapping part...imagine the wonders editing would do to that one!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad