Sabres Holding a Vote for the New Goal Song - DJ Kool Wins

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Let's see...the song doesn't scream "HOCKEY!" to me and it was overplayed decades ago. That's just two of the reasons that come to mind right now.

I'd have been happy with, say, Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix...AC/DC's Thunderstruck...and, as previously mentioned, the instrumental parts of SOB(ESPECIALLY the hand-clapping part...imagine the wonders editing would do to that one!).

Songs scream hockey?

Just say it...you don't like rap/hip hop. It's fine ..I'm not really a fan of rap or hip hoop either but the song is fun and I think it fits pretty well.

You think this song was overplayed decades ago but then mention "Thunderstruck"? ... c'mon man.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Let's see...the song doesn't scream "HOCKEY!" to me and it was overplayed decades ago. That's just two of the reasons that come to mind right now.

I'd have been happy with, say, Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix...AC/DC's Thunderstruck...and, as previously mentioned, the instrumental parts of SOB(ESPECIALLY the hand-clapping part...imagine the wonders editing would do to that one!).

Hey I love that style of music but not exactly the kind of music that gets the crowd in a hockey game jumping. Actually it screams hockey even less but of course you feel differently I think the song is hilarious I only hope the sabres never score more then 5 or 6 goals in a game. Not sure I could listen to it that many times.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Those songs somehow scream hockey?

LMCMT is awesome.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I have to admit, I was the biggest skeptic of LMCMT turning out as a decent goal song, but it was edited extremely well. And in the context of the game, it sounds superb, so kudos to the Sabre staff. It really gets the crowd into it -- Which I expected since the song is so damn hype.

I've watched the Eichel goal video dozens of times already, and not once has it failed to get my blood pumping. :laugh:

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I have to admit, I was the biggest skeptic of LMCMT turning out as a decent goal song, but it was edited extremely well. And in the context of the game, it sounds superb, so kudos to the Sabre staff. It really gets the crowd into it -- Which I expected since the song is so damn hype.

I've watched the Eichel goal video dozens of times already, and not once has it failed to get my blood pumping. :laugh:

I was surprised at how much I actually liked it. The editing was superb and while it does not seem like the typical hockey goal song, it really works. And it's awesome.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Songs scream hockey?

Just say it...you don't like rap/hip hop. It's fine ..I'm not really a fan of rap or hip hoop either but the song is fun and I think it fits pretty well.

You think this song was overplayed decades ago but then mention "Thunderstruck"? ... c'mon man.

Beerz: there is some rap/hip hop I like. That song does NOT make the list. And it NEVER will.

Personally, I don't care if I'm the only one here who can't stand the song. It's never stopped me from being a contrarian.

If you want obnoxious, fire up Brass Bonanza and see how fast the opponents get ticked...especially if the Sabres score a few goals. (And, no, the Hartford Wolf Pack won't come screaming at Buffalo to stop using the goal song...because THEY don't use it anymore.)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Beerz: there is some rap/hip hop I like. That song does NOT make the list. And it NEVER will.

Personally, I don't care if I'm the only one here who can't stand the song. It's never stopped me from being a contrarian.

If you want obnoxious, fire up Brass Bonanza and see how fast the opponents get ticked...especially if you score a few goals. (And, no, the Hartford Wolf Pack won't come screaming at Buffalo to stop using the goal song...because THEY don't use it anymore.)

I think it's awful too. Obnoxious in the worst way.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

If you want obnoxious, fire up Brass Bonanza and see how fast the opponents get ticked...especially if the Sabres score a few goals. (And, no, the Hartford Wolf Pack won't come screaming at Buffalo to stop using the goal song...because THEY don't use it anymore.)

Its your right. Not everyone is going to be happy with it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hey just came to say that the song was perfect. It was also perfect that Eichel was the player to kick it off for the first time.

Me too.

p.s. I'm not really a Sabres fan but I voted about 40 times for DJ Kool. ;)

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Its your right. Not everyone is going to be happy with it.

Duly noted. And I'll say it right now: I suspect(but cannot prove)more people are on my side on this matter. They just won't come out and say it. But, to paraphrase someone well known, I have the guts to say things that no one else has the guts to say.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Duly noted. And I'll say it right now: I suspect(but cannot prove)more people are on my side on this matter. They just won't come out and say it. But, to paraphrase someone well known, I have the guts to say things that no one else has the guts to say.

It takes guts to say you don't like a goal song? :laugh:

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It takes guts to say you don't like a goal song? :laugh:

More like it takes guts to go against conventional wisdom. Which seems to be the prevailing opinion around here and other sites. (As I said earlier, I don't care if I'm in the minority of detesting the song.) Unless those who support it are of the "it's so bad it's good!" school, in which case I say...well played, sir. Well played.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I was surprised at how much I actually liked it. The editing was superb and while it does not seem like the typical hockey goal song, it really works. And it's awesome.

I echo these. When the brackets first came out, my first thought was "Any song BUT Let Me Clear My Throat....please".

I had resigned myself to that being the choice when the finals came out and braced myself to hate it.

But then I heard it.....and I love it. It's ours.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
It's different. It's a well done edit. It ends in a great way that keeps the crowd going at the end, which is something we've complained about for years.

All the rage is silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad