Sabres G Robin Lehner blasts teammates following loss

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Watched the highlights.... it looks like Kane really screwed the pooch on the 3rd and 4th goals with lazy coverage. Especially the 4th one.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Goalies calling out their teammates is needed sometimes. This might be the spark that the Sabres need.

Man, I miss Lehner's intensity. It was the right move that trade but he's still awesome.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
No player should ever publicly criticize his goalie. No good can possibly come of it.

The corollary to that is a goalie should keep his yap shut about his team's play. Didn't Lehner get the memo?

Why exactly is that the case?

Pointing the finger at one or two people (the goaltending) is different than calling out a group of people or the entire team to be better. Also, stating something like "people on the team are blatantly not listening to the coach" is a lot different than saying "guys on our team suck/aren't good enough".

Plus, I've heard people part of organizations call out goaltending in the past without saying "this guy sucks".

I see nothing wrong with what Lehner said, and if I'm a player on that team that has been busting his ass and following what the coach says, I'm glad that Lehner said something.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If any of the skaters have a problem with it, I imagine it going like this.

Random Buffalo Skater: "Hey Robin, why di-"

Lehner:
C2i243AXAAACje1.jpg

Random Buffalo Skater: "Uhh...nevermind."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad