Sabres G Robin Lehner blasts teammates following loss

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
https://buffalonews.com/2017/02/13/lehner-unloads-following-sabres-4-2-loss-canucks/

“We make two plays, score two goals and that’s about it. It’s not even disappointing anymore. I’m starting to get angry,†said Lehner, who couldn’t do much on any Vancouver goal. “This is all talk. We’ve got to look ourselves in the mirror here. It’s disrespectful. I think it’s disrespectful when we have a game plan and go through things."

You should probably worry about your own inability to stop the puck, champ.

Mar 14, 2015
https://buffalonews.com/2017/02/13/lehner-unloads-following-sabres-4-2-loss-canucks/

“We make two plays, score two goals and that’s about it. It’s not even disappointing anymore. I’m starting to get angry,†said Lehner, who couldn’t do much on any Vancouver goal. “This is all talk. We’ve got to look ourselves in the mirror here. It’s disrespectful. I think it’s disrespectful when we have a game plan and go through things."

You should probably worry about your own inability to stop the puck, champ.

6th in the league in SV% is bad?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Robin has been good since he joined buffalo. He has a right to talk trash to his team. Good on him

I thought he was terrible before I looked at his stats just now and was about to blast him

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Good on Lehner. My favorite goalie in the game solidifying his place on the top.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Robin Lehner is a great example of a goaltender that's putting up pretty good numbers, while playing on a BAD defensive team. Most of Buffalo's goalies have been pretty good over the past few years, excluding Enroth a few years, who just isn't very good at all. He's a bum. Even Anders Nilsson has looked terrible and worthless at the NHL level, up until this year.

You can argue that the amount of shots faced has maybe inflated some of these guys save percentages, but all I read on here is about how all these goalies have crappy numbers because they play on teams with no defense or something. *Cough* Dallas Stars *Cough*.

I've also heard people say that Lehner isn't very good and I think it's a misconception. I heard Jeremy Roenick say on NBCSN a couple weeks ago that Buffalo needs a goaltender when they're ready to compete, since he's not really a believer in Robin Lehner. I think the goalie position is the last place that they need help, at least as of now.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
People assume the goalie is playing bad because the team has not done very well overall.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
People assume the goalie is playing bad because the team has not done very well overall.
That applies to pretty much every other position too. We see that as underrating or even bashing some of the players because they play on bad teams. Risto for example who plays with Lehner.

No man can lift up his team to success all by himself.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I was wondering how long it would take for HF to post something about this. Next, I expect you'll see a lot of "coach-killer" next to Eichel's name.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I was wondering how long it would take for HF to post something about this. Next, I expect you'll see a lot of "coach-killer" next to Eichel's name.

Mercy killing. It's Jack's team.

I don't necessarily like how these situations work and have called Jack coach killer, but it's good business sense to build around the franchise player.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
6th in the league in SV% is bad?

Sabres play 5 Dmen. That's why every goalie they've had the past few years have had awesome save percentages. It's a meaningless stat in their case. Lehner's a choker. In this game in particular he took a terrible penalty that led to the tying goal and then absolutely sucked the rest of the game. Nobody was more singularly responsible for the loss than he was. So long answer, yes.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Is he trying to leave Buffalo? Or does he think his job is so secure that he can get away with berating his teammates?

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Seems like the only player that has respect for his coach.

Maybe time to reevaluate your golden boy. Seems to be a prima Donna

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think Robin Lehner is a great example of a goaltender that's putting up pretty good numbers, while playing on a BAD defensive team. Most of Buffalo's goalies have been pretty good over the past few years, excluding Enroth a few years, who just isn't very good at all. He's a bum. Even Anders Nilsson has looked terrible and worthless at the NHL level, up until this year.

You can argue that the amount of shots faced has maybe inflated some of these guys save percentages, but all I read on here is about how all these goalies have crappy numbers because they play on teams with no defense or something. *Cough* Dallas Stars *Cough*.

I've also heard people say that Lehner isn't very good and I think it's a misconception. I heard Jeremy Roenick say on NBCSN a couple weeks ago that Buffalo needs a goaltender when they're ready to compete, since he's not really a believer in Robin Lehner. I think the goalie position is the last place that they need help, at least as of now.

He's had one bad year. And one bad ahl run which was only 3 games. In recent years. He isn't a terrible goalie. He's not a cup winner. But he's fine. The team being bad so he has more shots doesn't do anything. Right now he's like elite. At worst he's an average goalie

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sabres play 5 Dmen. That's why every goalie they've had the past few years have had awesome save percentages. It's a meaningless stat in their case. Lehner's a choker. In this game in particular he took a terrible penalty that led to the tying goal and then absolutely sucked the rest of the game. Nobody was more singularly responsible for the loss than he was. So long answer, yes.

Sure, because playing your goalie for 5 games in 7 days after facing 200+ shots in the past 5 works so well for every team :help:. Lehner and Eichel have been saving this team's bacon for weeks. One soft goal doesn't change the fact that Lehner has been great.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Seems like the only player that has respect for his coach.

Maybe time to reevaluate your golden boy. Seems to be a prima Donna

Maybe time to reevaluate the coaching choice for this team. In an Eichel vs. Bylsma feud, the winner should be obvious.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

The sabres d-men aside from Risto are pretty garbage and have been hurt a lot of the year and STILL lehner puts up a ridiculous save percentage on a horrible team.

Wow...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lehner was excellent versus the Rangers a few games back. Looks like a really good goalie. Fwiw

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
He was the sole reason Toronto didn't come back the other night when i was at that game but sucked something fierce against Anaheim.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Lehner is hyper-competitive with all of the positive and negative aspects of that quality.

He battles like no one else in the pipes, but he can lose his temper quite easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad