GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Our main writer called him Mikhail Gregarako initially. And from that small bit of Chambers' incompetence, Greg G. Gregarako ('Greg' for short) was born.

The big thing for me is that Greg is playing a lot more often than he's sitting and he's become a regular on the PK, even if it is indeed very annoying that he gets stuck playing with odds n ends 5on5.

That's impressive! He made a lot of strides in his defensive game in Buffalo/Rochester. If he manages to bulk up and increase his speed a bit, he could be a passable defensive 3C. Kid was also a faceoff wizard with us, has that carried over?

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
That was a really, really unloved GDT. Holy **** our defense was so bad. :laugh::laugh:

What about our bottom 6? :laugh:

McLeod, Cliche, Everberg
Caron, Hishon, Hamilton

Speaking of Cliche, we should have called him up for this game. Buffalo is the only team he can score against!

Edit: Tigervixxen and JWK said it first

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
this game couldn't come sooner. why does it have to be an 8 o clocker?

The worst part about this homecoming is that EJ won't be in there to chirp factor all night. I just get the feeling that EJ, even more-so than dutchy was thoroughly unimpressed with O'Reilly's negotiation tactics and his hold out in the KHL and his holdout towards arbitration. that tweet about factors contract with scrooge mcDuck was priceless

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's impressive! He made a lot of strides in his defensive game in Buffalo/Rochester. If he manages to bulk up and increase his speed a bit, he could be a passable defensive 3C. Kid was also a faceoff wizard with us, has that carried over?

I don't think he needs to bulk up as much as he just needs to use his already large frame more.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

No, that's been one of his issues ~44%. Although his last year in Buffalo he was only 47%, so he must have won some big face-offs if that stands out as one of his positives.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
this game couldn't come sooner. why does it have to be an 8 o clocker?

The worst part about this homecoming is that EJ won't be in there to chirp factor all night. I just get the feeling that EJ, even more-so than dutchy was thoroughly unimpressed with O'Reilly's negotiation tactics and his hold out in the KHL and his holdout towards arbitration. that tweet about factors contract with scrooge mcDuck was priceless

I have hockey at 6:30 so thats why this game is on at 8. The Avs know.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It's the stupid Wednesday night rule where the national game has a window where no other game can start. The Avs still have 2 more of these stupid late night Wednesday home starts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd prefer Tanguay not being on the top line but he has had some better moments recently and hasn't been a complete liability. MacKinnon also said he likes playing Grigorenko so maybe they can give that a shot again at some point.

Hopefully the Avs don't play down to the level of their competition. Have to win this one. Mainly because of the standings but also for Zadorov and Grigorenko.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
So Money comes back tonight...

It's too bad he couldn't be a team player, and slot in with guys like Duchene. The fact is he isn't better than any of Duchene, MacK, Ej, Barrie, Varly. And it's arguable if he is any better than a healthy Landeskog. And if he wasn't willing to slot in with his comps on the team then we did what we had to.

As for the game tonight, I'd gladly watch Martinsen cleanly obliterate ROR, and I'd also throughly enjoy watching a Duchene vs ROR fight. You know none of this will happen but I can hope.

Ideally the best possible situation we can hope for is a 0pts effort from ROR and then a Zadorov GWG, this scenario would make me a happy camper.

I personally think Ryan is a better player than Landeskog by a fair margin.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Zadorov had a lot of nice things to say about Beauchemin, saying he's talking to him a lot and he's always there to back him up, making it easier for him. Really couldn't think of a better partner to help him learn than Beauch.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Most will never view it that way though.

I think you can make a real argument that the deal in real terms was:

Col:
Soderberg
Comeau
Zadorov
Grigorenko
Compher
2015 2nd Round Pick (Meloche)
2016 2nd Round Pick

Buffalo:
ROR
McGinn

San Jose:
2nd round pick (J Roy)

Boston:
2016 6th round pick

greer, not meloche was taken with that pick.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Zadorov had a lot of nice things to say about Beauchemin, saying he's talking to him a lot and he's always there to back him up, making it easier for him. Really couldn't think of a better partner to help him learn than Beauch.

And I really hope they stick together. Not only will it aid in Zadorov's learning but it'll also likely lessen the insane amount of minutes Beauchemin plays, at least when EJ gets back.

I'm still holding out hope that Roy scratches Redmond and keeps Bigras in the lineup once EJ returns.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I do miss Ginner. I still have his jersey, and he was always a favorite of mine. Always thought he was really popular in the room. Interested in how Buffalo handles his contract situation.

I wonder if the Avs would consider bringing him back if he hits free agency this summer?

He's a solid 3rd liner and was obviously well liked by Roy. If we could bring him back for 3M I would absolutely be thrilled with that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wonder if the Avs would consider bringing him back if he hits free agency this summer?

He's a solid 3rd liner and was obviously well liked by Roy. If we could bring him back for 3M I would absolutely be thrilled with that.

I like him but he should be on his way for decent money and I'll be damned if he isn't about to break down.

Then again, he hasn't had an injury this year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Don't forget about that 2017 6th that we got back from San Jose too.

On the Grigo front, I'd wager he's much more liked here than he was before. Also don't leave out we haven't had an injured forward in 2 months and when Roy isn't going to take vets out of the lineup there's only so much opportunity.

MacKinnon liked playing with Stastny too, it's pretty clear what type of linemate he likes.

I like McGinn but doubt we can afford to work him in.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
We'll be happy to stop writing about it. You know, to help you guys who can't listen but I'll be happy to stop bothering. Maybe someone besides TMV can write about it for a change too.

TV and TMV - please ignore those who complain about your summaries of the press conferences. For me, they are one of my favorite things about this section of the board; as I have mentioned before, due to work I am seldom able to listen to the actual broadcast so it is my main source.

For those complaining - :madfire:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Has ROR ever been in a fight? I know dutch dont mess around when it comes to small Czech guys but if the two throw down im betting on Money Matt with the unanimous decision.

The most gentlemanly player will not be dropping the gloves with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad