GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm not huge on Wagner. I'd welcome that.

Wagner does his job and has more goals than guys like Martinsen, Tanguay and even Grigs. Has two fewer goals than the great Blake, hes over 50% in the circle, he finishes check, blocks shots. I dont know what more you can ask from him. What more does he need to do to win your love.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm glad ROR and Dutchy are both playing great hockey right now; and that both Peacock & Greg will be in the lineup. Matt and Ryan will get to put on a show, while our casual fans will be reminded of the future talent we got out of the trade.

Miss having ROR, but Zads is a great get on a player we had to move; Yeti (who wouldn't have been signed if we still had ROR) has been one of our best forwards; and Greg has shown me more than I was expecting. The roster currently doesn't have too much room for Misha -- not with the retirement-home duo in the lineup -- but he's going to be a good guy for our top 9 moving forward, and I hope he gets a chance to show off his talent in this one.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Wagner does his job and has more goals than guys like Martinsen, Tanguay and even Grigs. Has two fewer goals than the great Blake, hes over 50% in the circle, he finishes check, blocks shots. I dont know what more you can ask from him. What more does he need to do to win your love.

Be a part of the ROR trade. :sarcasm:

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I don't believe O'Reilly had any serious consideration for staying in Colorado. I don't think he'd have signed a $7.5 million AAV contract extension here. Do I know that for certain? No... but every indication from reading the tea leaves indicates he wanted to go somewhere where he could be The Man. That's what he is in Buffalo. Good for him. I think the Avs did very well getting the pieces they did for a player I don't believe had any desire to play here long term.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
A lot of things would be different if ROR was still around, but maybe the biggest one...would MacKinnon ever had gotten a chance at playing center? I'm not so sure he would have, and I think that's the best spot for him moving forward.

Not to mention we'd still have depth issues and nowhere to move because we'd be right up against the cap.

ROR is a great player, but it obviously wasn't going to work, so glad we got a good package for him.

Hope Zadorov isn't too pumped up to play the Sabres and runs himself out of position.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I like Wagner, but his line has been getting pummeled in terms of possession. It also helps him that he's got a god like shooting percentage. He made some bad turnovers the last few games in the defensive zone, IMO.

I'd rather Martinsen come out, because he's having the same issues, but Roy doesn't agree.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Remember making this :laugh:
Had quite a blast.

ABHGA80.jpg

Realistically we should beat these guys.
Unfortunately our record against teams lower than us in the standings doesn't instill me with confidence.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Historically we've been good against Buffalo. We've always struggled with Columbus. I'd like to see a damn win tonight though, it's about time. Too bad we don't have Cliche for his annual goal tonight.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I hate those late starts, the game will start at midnight here!

My worst nightmare is the Avs moving to the Pacific Division one day.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Historically we've been good against Buffalo. We've always struggled with Columbus. I'd like to see a damn win tonight though, it's about time. Too bad we don't have Cliche for his annual goal tonight.

We need to come out tonight the same way we came out against the Devils. I wish we had EJ for this game. Remember when...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Today I really like this late start.

Been waking up at 7am lately, so only have to wake up 2 hours earlier than normal as it's a 5am start here.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Check standings.
See that opponent are below Avs.

Yep, they're screwed.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

I do miss Ginner. I still have his jersey, and he was always a favorite of mine. Always thought he was really popular in the room. Interested in how Buffalo handles his contract situation.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
iceberg - where in Brazil do you live? And are you a native or moved there for one reason or another?

I ask because my family on my mom's side is all from Brazil - they mostly all live in Aracaju.

EDIT: Ah now I see the Regher was born here - I had no idea he was born in Recife!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I do miss Ginner. I still have his jersey, and he was always a favorite of mine. Always thought he was really popular in the room. Interested in how Buffalo handles his contract situation.

I think they're probably all legitimately happy for him for the year he's having. His career looked seriously in doubt after what appeared to be the worst of many back injury riddled seasons.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
iceberg - where in Brazil do you live? And are you a native or moved there for one reason or another?

I ask because my family on my mom's side is all from Brazil - they mostly all live in Aracaju.

EDIT: Ah now I see the Regher was born here - I had no idea he was born in Recife!

I'm Brazilian born in Rio de Janeiro and currently living in Recife. Aracaju is relatively close to Recife, as both cities are located in the Northeast region.

Have you ever been to Brazil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad