GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Above video must be played throughout duration of reading this thread

:sabres @ :avs

Arena-Header.jpg

Wednesday | January 20, 2016 | 8:00MT

The return of

McGinn.jpg

and

636707001.jpg

"It feels like forever ago that I was here," O'Reilly told the Sabres website Tuesday. "It's amazing, I feel like this is the city where I turned into a man kind of, coming in so young and all the experiences I had here."

Lineups

F3D31AD1-3E39-426A-B64D-6780F64A7020.png

09CAD4C2-C165-4422-BA93-2B19817CC0D9.png

Crease Owners

Lehner.png
Varly.png

The Former Faces of the City

20091015__20091016_CC01_SP16HKNTRIP~p1.JPG

Golden Together

tumblr_noj3rtRXiM1siydpjo1_500.png

Until....

Now here we are 7 months later and one of the biggest fan favorites the Avalanche have ever had is back in Denver, ready to face off against his former squad.

Go AVES.

I'm out, coffee break!!

tim-hortons-takeout-cup.jpg

;)

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Thanks for the GDT, I'm sure the reception will be mixed but I hope the fans give O'Reilly a bit of recognition for his time in CO. I also hope Zads is motivated to come out and beast it. Maybe toss Grigs in a position to do the same, I'm sure he'd have some extra fire in his game.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Nice GDT!

I miss McGinn.

Curious to see how "Fired up Grigorenko" looks like! I bet this is Roy testing his will.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks for the GDT, I'm sure the reception will be mixed but I hope the fans give O'Reilly a bit of recognition for his time in CO. I also hope Zads is motivated to come out and beast it. Maybe toss Grigs in a position to do the same, I'm sure he'd have some extra fire in his game.

I just hope the fans give O'Reilly an applause at first. What they do after is completely fine but he needs an applause at first because he was just a phenomenal Av, regardless of how things turned out.

If the fans want to boo him every time he touches the puck after that (which will be a lot) I'm honestly fine with it.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
As much as the ROR fiasco was a headache for all us Avs fans, whenever he stepped onto the ice all of that stuff seemed irrelevant. I hope he gets cheered tonight because he put in the work to become the hockey player he is today. I think it will be best for both parties to get this game over with and finally have some closure on the whole situation.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thought we were in for a great interview when they asked about Bigras and Zads right away but there was no follow up to "they provided a spark" and the rest of the interview was pretty dull.

I laughed when they asked Roy if he wishes ROR was still on this team and his immediate response was "Not at all."
Also Roy was confused when they brought up problems between Duchene and O'Reilly. Said he's never seen any issue at all.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Huge game for both sides. If the Avs win, they can move within a point of MIN for the 1st wildcard slot, if BUF wins, they'll only be 7 points out of the playoffs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Thought we were in for a great interview when they asked about Bigras and Zads right away but there was no follow up to "they provided a spark" and the rest of the interview was pretty dull.

I laughed when they asked Roy if he wishes ROR was still on this team and his immediate response was "Not at all."
Also Roy was confused when they brought up problems between Duchene and O'Reilly. Said he's never seen any issue at all.

Because I get the sense that it was always just the DP/Chambers who were making this out to be a bigger deal than it really was.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
The morning show is a football show. Unfortunately it still will be when football is over. We don't get good options sports media wise in Denver.

I did think it was interesting that Roy politely disagreed with the Iginla is ageless comment. Though I'm not sure why Tanguay is any different. Iginla can shoot and Tanguay can pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad