GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Hoping for O'Reilly to be completely shut down tonight.
Love how Roy says "Not at all" perfect response.

also don't think a Duchene O Reilly fight would happen. O'Reilly practises the art of wimp and I almost sure has never dropped the gloves even in the CHL.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Bigras needs to gain some weight over the summer. Hopefully he'll ask McGinn about his diet routine :sarcasm::naughty:

Why is this game at 8PM? Ploy to make the Sabres stay up past their bedtime?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
As much as the ROR fiasco was a headache for all us Avs fans, whenever he stepped onto the ice all of that stuff seemed irrelevant. I hope he gets cheered tonight because he put in the work to become the hockey player he is today. I think it will be best for both parties to get this game over with and finally have some closure on the whole situation.

Agreed with this. I hope he gets a good cheer. Maybe he'll be booed, but I hope not. I hated his negotiating tactics, I hated the fact that he cared about money above all else, but he was a hell of a player for us and deserves some recognition and respect for that. And I really just want this game over with so I can stop hearing about this stupid Duchene - O'Reilly "rivalry" that the media is trying to fabricate.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Also hoping that the reception O'Reilly gets will be a good one. Fans tend to take things pretty personally, especially when the clear feeling is that it was all about the $$$ when few acknowledge in the same position it would probably be all about the money for them too and that at the end of the day this is business for the team and for the player and sometimes it just doesn't work out.

That said I hope O'Reilly has a miserable night ON the ice and that we beat Buffalo the way you hope to beat the 3rd to last team in the league (not that league standing did us much good against Columbus).

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
I hope they cheer ROR and Ginner too. I'll always have a soft spot for ROR in particular, as his game is so good. It's a treat to watch him to do all the little things right.

That being said, I hope he has a horrific night on the ice tonight because we really need these two points hahahaha.

Looking at the lines and defense combos, I'm going to guess this is going to be a high flying offensive game. That being said I could also see both teams clogging up the neutral zone. I'm hoping for the first personally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Just listened to the interview... nothing spectacular, but there was a little shot at ROR.

Most interesting was his statement that there are only so many players you can pay 6 or 7m a year... mentioning MacK. $7m might be where they are pegging MacK.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

Will always remember this interview. The contract issues will unfortunately taint my opinion of ROR, but the guy was a great player on the ice who always played with passion.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Yeah, just cheer him for the first time, I don't care what they do after that.

Wont call it a must win but if they let these games slip away too much (which they already have) I dont think this teams deserves to be a playoff spot.

BTW where's all this Duchene got pissed at ROR stuff coming from? am I missing something? Didn't Mcnabb even say to someone it was ROR who got really pissed when Duchene took that 3.5 offer?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, just cheer him for the first time, I don't care what they do after that.

Wont call it a must win but if they let these games slip away too much (which they already have) I dont think this teams deserves to be a playoff spot.

BTW where's all this Duchene got pissed at ROR stuff coming from? am I missing something? Didn't Mcnabb even say to someone it was ROR who got really pissed when Duchene took that 3.5 offer?

Dater had an interview with O'Reilly about his coming back to Denver for the first time (game-wise) since the trade, and O'Reilly mentioned there was some "rockiness" between he and Duchene. That's all. But given how much the DP/Chambers has built it up, you'd think they were close to throwing punches or something.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
We'll be happy to stop writing about it. You know, to help you guys who can't listen but I'll be happy to stop bothering. Maybe someone besides TMV can write about it for a change too.

Please don't. I can't listen and really appreciate the recaps.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So Money comes back tonight...

It's too bad he couldn't be a team player, and slot in with guys like Duchene. The fact is he isn't better than any of Duchene, MacK, Ej, Barrie, Varly. And it's arguable if he is any better than a healthy Landeskog. And if he wasn't willing to slot in with his comps on the team then we did what we had to.

As for the game tonight, I'd gladly watch Martinsen cleanly obliterate ROR, and I'd also throughly enjoy watching a Duchene vs ROR fight. You know none of this will happen but I can hope.

Ideally the best possible situation we can hope for is a 0pts effort from ROR and then a Zadorov GWG, this scenario would make me a happy camper.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I'm going to assume Wagner is coming out, since they talked about Wagner and Grigs swapping in and out.

It would be the most obvious, but personally i would like to see him replace Martinsen. Feels like he is turning into a pumpkin already.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Sucks giving up the best player in the trade, but it looks worse now than it will due to the age differences between O'Reilly and the futures the Avs got back. Pretty much every trade the Avs make looks worse initially and then good later on.

As it stands, the Avs are a better team this year than they were last year. It's a shame O'Reilly isn't on the team because he would make the Avs that much better, but his absence isn't noticeable, and the Avs have a better future now. That to me makes me feel like "what's the big deal about tonight."

I'm just glad O'Reilly is out east. Revisiting this topic 6 or 7 times a year would be painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad