GDT: Sabres @ Avalanche | Wednesday January 20 2016 | 8PM MT | The Return of Jame Mcginn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zadorov was really good tonight. I don't have an issue with the occasional sloppy play (like he had in the third) when he's in control and playing well for most of the game.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Seriously, if we make the playoffs I'm buying a FB jersey in the thirds (First year here, first year for the jersey).. One of you have to get it signed for me, because this guy is huge for our defense.

Could anyone imagine Zadorov coming back and shutting down top lines without this guy after being recalled from the AHL? Hes given EJ a stable partner as well.

FB is even playing his off side now.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Drouin isn't an impending UFA or anything so Yzerman can just keep him in the minors until someone offers up something he wants. I don't think the Avs can get him without giving up a piece they'd rather not lose.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Z was really good. Don't think he's headed back.

Poor Bigras getting stuck with Redmond. He was awful tonight.

It's hilarious. When Redmond has the puck on his stick in our end he takes forever to make a decision and it's often a poor one. When it's Bigras, a quick decisive decision is made which usually results in a breakout. You'd think Bigras is the one with 100 games but nope, he's just better. Make the right decision Coach.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Seriously, if we make the playoffs I'm buying a FB jersey in the thirds (First year here, first year for the jersey).. One of you have to get it signed for me, because this guy is huge for our defense.

Could anyone imagine Zadorov coming back and shutting down top lines without this guy after being recalled from the AHL? Hes given EJ a stable partner as well.

FB is even playing his off side now.

When EJ comes backs i'd be more than fine with Beauchemin and Z staying together and maybe putting Bigras with EJ

Beauch-Zad
Bigras-EJ
Holden-Barrie

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Drouin isn't an impending UFA or anything so Yzerman can just keep him in the minors until someone offers up something he wants. I don't think the Avs can get him without giving up a piece they'd rather not lose.

Well, he didn't show up for a game tonight. I don't think his value rises or for that matter even stays the same while (not) playing in the AHL and insisting on a trade.

Yzerman shouldn't wait too long.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It probably does bit then so many teams could be in the running too.

Well Sakic and Stevie Y are friends so...

Interesting dynamic between those two though with the reputation Mr. Y has now.

I don't know if it's been this way forever, but Stevie Y has a stone cold holier than now reputation at this point as a GM. Hes just ice ****ing cold tbH.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Well, he didn't show up for a game tonight. I don't think his value rises or for that matter even stays the same while (not) playing in the AHL and insisting on a trade.

Just give them something like Siemens and a pick.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Well Sakic and Stevie Y are friends so...

Interesting dynamic between those two though with the reputation Mr. Y has now.

I don't know if it's been this way forever, but Stevie Y has a stone cold holier than now reputation at this point as a GM. Hes just ice ****ing cold tbH.

Could also see the dynamic of that along with Yzerman wanting the best for Drouin and seeing the chemistry that MacK and Drouin had in the Q.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Just give them something like Siemens and a pick.

I don't think his value is this low though.

Not so sure I love to see Anaheim winning. They're coming closer. If they win tonight, they're 4 points behind with 3 games in hand.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Beauchemin is playing really well and has been a very good addition. This season was never going to be the issue though. I think it's the next two years that the Ducks and other teams were worried about. Things can change pretty quickly year to year, just look at Tanguay and Iginla.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
When EJ comes backs i'd be more than fine with Beauchemin and Z staying together and maybe putting Bigras with EJ

Beauch-Zad
Bigras-EJ
Holden-Barrie

This is ideal. And then in tight situations Beauch-EJ reunite. It makes too much sense. Just like Grigs getting more minutes this game. He need to get this right though so we are icing the best team we possibly can.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

Not so sure I love to see Anaheim winning. They're coming closer. If they win tonight, they're 4 points behind with 3 games in hand.

If the Avs keep playing well I am fine with it. With the chance to pass Minnesota that would come with that; we would also have a chance to watch Anaheim knock the Wild out of the playoff race. And who doesn't want to see that?

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003

Ah okay, I wasn't in the loop on all this recent drama. Interesting. Yzerman still holds more cards than Drouin though. I'm curious what is at the root of all this... I'd be worried about acquiring him if there's a chance Drouin doesn't have a legit reason for it.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Not so sure I love to see Anaheim winning. They're coming closer. If they win tonight, they're 6 points behind with 3 games in hand.

At the same time though, they're only out 3 points for the 3rd Pacific spot. Its a rough result here either way but i'd rather Anaheim win in OT to allow us to be one back from Minny then Anaheim can battle for the 2nd spot.

Results just don't mean a ton at this point, Avs just need to keep racking up points right now.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Could also see the dynamic of that along with Yzerman wanting the best for Drouin and seeing the chemistry that MacK and Drouin had in the Q.

Yzerman really does have kind of a perceptions around him now that he'd eat his own child rather than give an inch. Hes rarely talked to the media, zero STM interaction, and is generally just not accessible at all.

I could see him actually caring abount Drouin, even if he would never show it publicly.

I don't believe we'll get him without it hurting our defense though. So I try to keep myself from hoping to see him traded to us in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad