Friedman: Sabres ask on Eichel is still huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Great news. Eichel should not just be traded because. It should be a massive haul or nothing at all. We are all fine with 5 years of Eichel. The NMC means nothing. If he wants out he waives, if he vetoes the trade the Sabres are "stuck" with an Elite talent for the rest of his contract
until the player that wants out dogs it on the ice, Case example carter du buois

Last edited:
Reactions: Daves a mess

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Don't doubt it and they have no reason to not ask for a huge return. if they don't get it they just keep him until someone pays up.

Well, I have a feeling what we've seen from Eichel so far is very modest to the fireworks that will kick off if it comes to a open feud between Adams/Buffalo and Eichel.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
With 2021 first round picks they have certainty. What if they move their guys for 2022 picks and the team acquiring (Reinhart for example) makes the playoff and go deep?

Take Montreal for example - Everyone expected them to be a lottery team and they will end up with the 31st pick.

How do you figure?

The cup champs pick at 32.

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
And what's that going to do to the locker room when people who do not want to be there are forced to be there? Isn't the situation in Buffalo toxic enough already?
You'd hope he remains professional. Forced is a bit of misnomer, it's how it works in the sport, he knew that long before his current contract.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
You'd hope he remains professional. Forced is a bit of misnomer, it's how it works in the sport, he knew that long before his current contract.
PLD showed "be unprofessional = get traded now", so I don't see why he would be.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Ask Dubois, Carter, Kesler how that works. If a player's heart isn't in it why bother?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Teams need a number 1C so eventually some team will say let's do it and trade the ridicouls package, or close to it for Eichel.

On the flip side, if you're asking fair value for a player like Eichel from the get go, you're an idiot and shouldn't be a GM

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Teams need a number 1C so eventually some team will say let's do it and trade the ridicouls package, or close to it for Eichel.

On the flip side, if you're asking fair value for a player like Eichel from the get go, you're an idiot and shouldn't be a GM

Yeah, but the flat cap limits how ridiculous a package can be. It's pointless to trade for Eichel and make your franchise sick in the process.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Ask Dubois, Carter, Kesler how that works. If a player's heart isn't in it why bother?
PLD showed "be unprofessional = get traded now", so I don't see why he would be.
Sure, but the thing was that with PLD there was a good trade to be made, so it was done fairly quickly.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Nah, it is not "huge". Eichel's value is less then Strome+1st+Kravstov. Trust me , I learned it from HF Boards.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Great news. Eichel should not just be traded because. It should be a massive haul or nothing at all. We are all fine with 5 years of Eichel. The NMC means nothing. If he wants out he waives, if he vetoes the trade the Sabres are "stuck" with an Elite talent for the rest of his contract

An elite talent with a huge question mark on his health and someone who’s already very unhappy on a tire fire team

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
There are reports that the Sabres are higher on the '21 Draft class than a lot of teams...

:dunno:

That is interesting.
Maybe their scouts have watched a ton of film or were high on certain 2021 draft prospects, before this season?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Patience seems to work better for these kind of situations. Number one centers don't grow on trees and there's always a GM somewhere who will crack at some point and do something really stupid (or not too stupid, but at least overpay).

Not once the NMC has kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad