Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Frolik from CGY

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I've never purchased any Sabres or Bills merchandise. I've never been able to identify with concept of wearing team/player apparel. :laugh:
I am kind of the same. Jerseys just seem like a weird thing to own. But I do have hats and a sweatshirt or two.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I’d rather have Scandella back.
I am fine with trading out a defensemen on an expiring contract for a 4th rounder, especially when we are effectively out of playoff contention. It freed up $4,000,000 in cap space which this year is one of the most valuable assets to have coming toward the trade deadline because you have the room to win a trade by losing the salary swap. What I don't understand, is why we then dumped the 4th and the cap room for a bottom six player on an expiring contract that had zero chance of changing the teams destiny this season. It is baffling to me.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Now that the Sabres have conquered Scandinavia and Northern Europe they're extending their tentacles eastward to the fertile puck grounds of the Czech Republic and Slovakia with an eye towards Russia. It's predictable from a GM who came from an organization rich in Evgeni Jagr lore. Frolik is another brick in the wall. Rousek and Pekar will need someone to show them the way. Perhaps Sobotka will retire and take a job at Pegula's Academy of Hockey.
He will get a life long Tim Hortons gift card

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I am fine with trading out a defensemen on an expiring contract for a 4th rounder, especially when we are effectively out of playoff contention. It freed up $4,000,000 in cap space which this year is one of the most valuable assets to have coming toward the trade deadline because you have the room to win a trade by losing the salary swap. What I don't understand, is why we then dumped the 4th and the cap room for a bottom six player on an expiring contract that had zero chance of changing the teams destiny this season. It is baffling to me.
He and Lazar have already helped improve the PK and now Larry/Gus are bumped down to 2PK, removing ERod/Vesey altogether. He fits Ralphs system 5o5 too and after his first 2 games has looked much better these last 4, as has the teams play. He'll never be flashy, but does all of the little things right.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
He and Lazar have already helped improve the PK and now Larry/Gus are bumped down to 2PK, removing ERod/Vesey altogether. He fits Ralphs system 5o5 too and after his first 2 games has looked much better these last 4, as has the teams play. He'll never be flashy, but does all of the little things right.
I have no argument with this, but it doesn't change the fact that his addition does not change us from a non playoff team to a playoff team. We need to go 23-9-1 the rest of the season to reasonably get into the playoffs. That's not happening. Frolik will be a UFA, so he was a half year rental for a fourth round pick and cost $4,300,000 in cap space. What was the point? If we kept the pick and cap space it would have given us more options in the trade market to get a more impactful piece.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I have no argument with this, but it doesn't change the fact that his addition does not change us from a non playoff team to a playoff team. We need to go 23-9-1 the rest of the season to reasonably get into the playoffs. That's not happening. Frolik will be a UFA, so he was a half year rental for a fourth round pick and cost $4,300,000 in cap space. What was the point? If we kept the pick and cap space it would have given us more options in the trade market to get a more impactful piece.

I swear, I heard this argument on these boards before...

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Nothing says he can't/won't end up being traded again by the TDL anyways if there's an opportunity to grab that more impactful piece. He seems like the type of forward that playoff teams would like to add then. Or he could sign an extension here. Nobody should be scoffing at adding useful depth pieces at forward. As you point out, likelihood of playoffs is low. There's no available more impactful piece or pieces that change that this year. In the meantime he allows us to get closer to icing a full corp of NHL forwards.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He also has a rep of being an *******. Im pretty sure there is a team that gets fleeced by him.. Islanders?

I think you're confusing him with someone else. He's outspoken, but the contracts he negotiates are fair. He's not like Don Meehan who will put the screws to a team to squeeze out every last penny. I don't think he has any clients with the Islanders.

Contracts By Allan Walsh

Allan Walsh’s big deals

Patrick Elias

$48M, 8 years, New Jersey Devils
$16.5M, 3 years, New Jersey Devils
Marc-André Fleury

$35M, 7 years, Pittsburgh Penguins
$21M, 3 years, Vegas Golden Knights
Martin Havlat

$30M, 6 years, Minnesota Wild
$18M, 3 years, Chicago Blackhawks
Andrej Sekera

$33M, 6 years, Edmonton Oilers
Max Pacioretty

$28M, 4 years, Vegas Golden Knights
Jonathan Huberdeau

$35.4M, 6 years, Florida Panthers
Jonathan Drouin

$33M, 6 years, Montreal Canadiens

Allan Walsh: The agent enforcer

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think you're confusing him with someone else. He's outspoken, but the contracts he negotiates are fair. He's not like Don Meehan who will put the screws to a team to squeeze out every last penny. I don't think he has any clients with the Islanders.

Contracts By Allan Walsh

Allan Walsh’s big deals

Patrick Elias

$48M, 8 years, New Jersey Devils
$16.5M, 3 years, New Jersey Devils
Marc-André Fleury

$35M, 7 years, Pittsburgh Penguins
$21M, 3 years, Vegas Golden Knights
Martin Havlat

$30M, 6 years, Minnesota Wild
$18M, 3 years, Chicago Blackhawks
Andrej Sekera

$33M, 6 years, Edmonton Oilers
Max Pacioretty

$28M, 4 years, Vegas Golden Knights
Jonathan Huberdeau

$35.4M, 6 years, Florida Panthers
Jonathan Drouin

$33M, 6 years, Montreal Canadiens

Allan Walsh: The agent enforcer
Your right, it was Meehan

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
our PK has been a lot better(and less goals against in general) since we got him I don't really have a problem with the trade its not like a 4th round pick has any good shot to be an NHLer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Of note:

The chances of Frolik playing in the postseason this year are slim. He could waive his no-trade clause again. That, however, seems unlikely.
“I don’t want to be changing too much,” he said. “You never know, but I’m here and I’m happy to be a Buffalo Sabre.”

So that's one UFA who seems highly unlikely to be moved at the TDL.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
In his case I don't think it matters too much.
JB wouldn't dare to move him anyways even if he would be aware that he is actually not a good fit
Not that I wouldn't mind because I am secretly hoping Terry is about to pull the trigger.
Pipe dreams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad