Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Brandon Hickey, Mike Sislo from Coyotes for Hudson Fasching

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Disappointed given the rights situation. I hadn't thought Fasching had played his way out of the organization, just down the depth chart. Never liked the deal that brought him here, but I still held out hope that he would be a fourth line muscle guy someday.

If these players both sign, then great, it becomes a question of Hickey's development curve vs Fasching's, and I bet none of us are in a good position to handicap that now. But for the moment, seems like they gave up a young kid who they had firm rights to for the chance to give two guys a sales pitch, and I don't like the sounds of that.

Reactions: Baccus

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting move if they can get deals done on Sislo and Hickey. I wish Fasching the best and hope he can get the time to develop.

Hickey was a high character player for BU, coming off being captain there.

If they get deal signed, this is a way to salvage something from a bad situations.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Turning McNabb and 2 second rounders into 3+ years of Deslauriers and Fasching, and now Sislo, Hickey and Zach Redmond is just brutal value. I even don't know how it degrades from there, getting the rights to Jonathan Parker back ?
8477995-1.jpg

Holy crap... if Moulson paid Hickey to report in his place wherever the Sabres are burying him, how long would it take to notice?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Disappointed given the rights situation. I hadn't thought Fasching had played his way out of the organization, just down the depth chart. Never liked the deal that brought him here, but I still held out hope that he would be a fourth line muscle guy someday.

If these players both sign, then great, it becomes a question of Hickey's development curve vs Fasching's, and I bet none of us are in a good position to handicap that now. But for the moment, seems like they gave up a young kid who they had firm rights to for the chance to give two guys a sales pitch, and I don't like the sounds of that.

It pretty much tells us they weren't going to qualify Fasching. At last thats what I get out of this.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Turning McNabb and 2 second rounders into 3+ years of Deslauriers and Fasching, and now Sislo, Hickey and Zach Redmond is just brutal value. I even don't know how it degrades from there, getting the rights to Jonathan Parker back ?
Hickey scores 100 points next season and we trade him for McDavid @ 50% retained.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Really not a big deal shipping Fasching out, if he even got qualified by Botts he would have to clear waivers in the fall anyway since we all know he wasn’t going to get a roster spot.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Have we ever bothered to factor in what the Kings actually got in that trade themselves?

McNabb litterally became nothing since they left him unprotected and he went for nothing.

The picks became Alex Lintuniemi who I’ve never heard of and Erik Cernak who they traded already.

But those 2nd round picks... They would have turned into superstars had Murray kept & used them...!

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
A trade of such enormous magnitude that it is listed under International Tournaments!

Well as of 7:30 pm on 6/14 still.....

Not bad for a minor league deal.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Botterill gets it. Unlike Murray and others, he is giving up on the failed BBCF failed corps. Those are 4 guys suited for AHL/13th forward duty.

Fasching was terrible. McNabb instantly is a top 4 dman on this pthetic blue line but I only Called the McNabb trade an utter failure only the day it happened.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Well if we get a good AHLer for Fasching that’s an upgrade. Hickey could be a bonus McNabb. The best part of this trade is moving on.

Reactions: joshjull

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Reading the twitter comments on this trade was the worst...the top comment advocated for drafting Tkachuk over Dahlin because points...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad