Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Brandon Hickey, Mike Sislo from Coyotes for Hudson Fasching

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Fasching has been a disappointment, he was not gonna make the Sabres so instead we get rid of one player who wasn't a big peice in Rochester for two in Rochester.

Good move?

If they sign hem sure.

In reality, as of today, we got a pending ufa and a guy who turned down two teams and can go ufa this summer.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Murray was such a joke....how he ever became a GM and maintained being a GM for as long as he did is beyond me.

I can answer both of these if you really don’t know.

He got the job because Pegula let LaFontaine pick a guy based on being a good former player.

He kept the job for three years because he succeeded in the plan of finishing last then the team improved a ton in the standings in year 2. In year 3 they regressed and he was gone.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If they sign hem sure.

In reality, as of today, we got a pending ufa and a guy who turned down two teams and can go ufa this summer.
Which one is which? I am not familiar with either of these guys.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Is that how he ended up with the Yotes? Wouldn't sign with Flames?

That’s what they say. But it doesn’t have to be true. He could have just been something the Yotes wanted. He for sure wasn’t signing with them.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I thought he was alright in College. Could be a late bloomer if we are able to sign him. Given where Hudson had fallen in this organization I don't have an issue with this move so long as we get Hickey signed.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
It's an interesting move for sure. Hickey was a guy at BU that was a worker. His game may never translate to anything more than organizational depth, but he's an interesting option when you're trying to build up defensive depth. Fasching had done what he could in Rochester and was a healthy scratch for much of the end of their regular season and the short playoff run. Good luck in Arizona. Sislo is another interesting AHL'er for Botterill/Sexton to use / bring aboard. Hey, it's a move. Change is coming.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
And he was awful...

Have we ever bothered to factor in what the Kings actually got in that trade themselves?

McNabb litterally became nothing since they left him unprotected and he went for nothing.

The picks became Alex Lintuniemi who I’ve never heard of and Erik Cernak who they traded already.

Reactions: SundherDome

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Have we ever bothered to factor in what the Kings actually got in that trade themselves?

McNabb litterally became nothing since they left him unprotected and he went for nothing.

The picks became Alex Lintuniemi who I’ve never heard of and Erik Cernak who they traded already.

Yeah, because all the players that went unprotected in the expansion draft were awful.

What was Vegas thinking taking him?

Reactions: Wisent42

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille