'S-word' jinx broken...Price wins 4-0

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What's impressive by DLR is that he understood so quickly how to manage the pace of this league. So many guys you see coming in and they still think they have more time than they actually have and have all the trouble to adapt. He will end up scoring and getting points soon a whole lot more.

Good point. It remains to be seen what kind of offense we'll get from him, but he sure understands the pace at the NHL level.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Galchenyuk's attitude the last few wks has me worried. He's been in slump's before but the current body language is not something to be proud about. Reminds me a bit of a young Price.

That is a very good observation.
I really don't like his play on either of those two top lines recently.
I would have had him with DLR and Eller a week ago or so...
The thing I've noticed most about AG is he is not using his frame like he did early in the season.
He got dinged hard a couple of times this year and seems hesitant to engage fully.
Another player who has to learn to contribute in other ways than scoring.
We can afford to be patient in his case, Max only really started getting it this year...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Sens are riding a nice spike, nothing more. The idea that they're a good team is overblown; the fear they'd beat the Habs in the playoffs is a leftover bad dream. Give us a series with something on the line and Montreal is the much better team. Besides, I bet they won't make it; even if they do they'd likely play New York.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If we win the cup, I really doubt anyone could even come close to beating Price for the Conn Smythe.

Holy, Imagine!

Vezina, Hart, Conn Smythe, Lord Stanley. If that does happen I'm not sure anyone could argue Price. Obviously wishful thinking however :naughty:

Judging by the season, Price would be the heavy favourite.

I'd, in order, also imagine Subban, Max, Galchenyuk and Gallagher.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Huge shout out to Dale Weise. 10th goal tonight, 28 points, +21! Excellent season! Great trade by MB.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I really like the 4 lines with DSP, PAP added. Like him or not, PAP belongs in the top 6 and it does have a cascading effect. Weise with Prust are 2/3 of an amazing 4th line.

And wow Pateryn... ideal #6-7. So nice to know that we can have injuries on D and not be screwed.

We need to rest Markov until the end IMO. Give him games off here and there. With Gonchar and Pateryn as the 4th pairing... we have to be able to rotate guys, keep everyone in shape and give rests.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good point. It remains to be seen what kind of offense we'll get from him, but he sure understands the pace at the NHL level.

He is starting to show signs of some O flair.
As WS mentions he has a great handle on the speed of the game mostly due to his superb positioning.
He continually cuts the ice down like a good boxer cuts the ring down.
I like his work with Eller and hopefully DSP can start to gel with them.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
He is starting to show signs of some O flair.
As WS mentions he has a great handle on the speed of the game mostly due to his superb positioning.
He continually cuts the ice down like a good boxer cuts the ring down.
I like his work with Eller and hopefully DSP can start to gel with them.

He tried to put Faulk inside out early in the game. Good sign his confidence is up there.

Chucky wake up pls :'(

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
I love how Pateryn has been for us. He's a nice long term fix for the bottom pairing on D. I feel like he could be a good fill in on the second pair if a right handed D were to get injured. Good options on D for a long time it seems.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Hey fellas. I missed the game. Can someone give me a quick summary ?? (and please, don't just use the word Price ;) )

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Missed the game and was just looking at the boxscore and saw that the Habs were outshot 27-12 in the 2nd and 3rd periods. This is the 2nd game in a row they've been badly outshot in the 2nd and 3rd periods by not so great offensive teams. Did the Habs sit back in the 2nd and 3rd periods?

Nice to see that Price got a shutout in the win.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Just got home from the Bell Centre... fun game! My dad got some tickets from a supplier, section E in the reds! Haven't sat that close in a long time!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_nky8h6lgnt1tdpa4xo1_1280.jpg

4 more wins to beat Dryden and Plante 42 wins record.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I missed the game because of work, but I posted in the pre-game that I hoped Price got another shut-out, so :bow: to that.

Glad to hear that Pateryn played well. I've really liked that kid this year. He gives us some terrific added D depth.

Nice to see Gally get his 20th of the season and Patches his 35th. Obviously want Patches to get to 40. It was a fluky goal he got tonight, but that's hockey sometimes.

That just leaves Chucky to break the 20 goal mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad