Ryder takes #73, Gallagher now #11

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Not wanting to stir up crap BUT speculating about Ryder being a jackass? You should be a sport journalist.

It's an OPINION. I won't apologise for that. Anyways I'm sure you guys are right, either it's Gallagher that showed respect or he just wanted the #11like he had with Vancouver. I just don't like it when players give away their numbers to new arrivals.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
It's an OPINION. I won't apologise foe that. Anyways I'm sure you guys are right, either it's Gallagher that showed respect or he just wanted the #11like he had with Vancouver. I just don't like it when players give away their numbers to new arrivals.

Wow do we love to sensationalize everything.
It's a number on a jersey.
Who cares?

Do you think the players are texting each other ''Fíng Ryder who does he think he is?''.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
No he does not...

The thread is about the jersey number switch, not my opinion in it.

It's an OPINION. I won't apologise for that. Anyways I'm sure you guys are right, either it's Gallagher that showed respect or he just wanted the #11like he had with Vancouver. I just don't like it when players give away their numbers to new arrivals.

What??

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I don't want to stir up crap, but that's a jackass move by Ryder, you're the new guy in town, you don't take other player's numbers. It'll be weird seeing the #11 on Gallagher.

Why would you post this when you have absolutely no idea what went down?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
in b4 Koivu comes back

this is not the thread for this but I don't care : I wasn't a big fan of Koivu but i'd be pretty happy to see him come back to montréal. I wasn't a fan because he was stuck in the mentallity that he HAD to be a 1st liner, and the #1 player on this team

now that he's been gone for a while, played a different role elsewhere and the chains have been broken, i'd gladly take him back

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Time to trade Ryder he's obviously a problem in the locker room already.

Captain Coach

No Homers
Jul 23, 2006
Montreal
When Shane Corson was traded back to the Habs he wore number 29 for a couple of games before David Wilke gave up number 27 and switched to number 3.:teach2:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
worst player/number match ever, it just doesnt fit at ALL

I think it was a perfect fit on

mcphee.jpg

StopTheClock

Sep 20, 2011
this thread is ridiculous. the veteran should always get the number if he wants, especially over a kid with like 15 games played. and in this case Gally gets his real number back. win-win

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
No he does not...

The thread is about the jersey number switch, not my opinion in it.

If it wasn't about your opinion, why did you begin the thread with your opinion that he's a jackass?

If it was just about the number switch, it could have been just that, as opposed to you calling someone a jackass while being completely misinformed about the situation. You call someone a jackass for no reason, you can expect people to react to it. Ridiculous thread, I see no reason to stir up *****

Last edited:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Supposedly Cole declined his NTC on the principle that Gallagher had his number 73# and he knew that Ryder was going to play the '' I have Cup ring veteran'' card.

Then Gionta went up to him in front of the team and said '' I'm the captain of Les Canadiens and I don't see anything wrong with the kid giving him his number. You have the right to decline your NTC but don't start making the rules in my locker room''.

At that point Cole replied back along the lines of '' If that's how this locker room is going to be lead than I don't want to be part of it... If the kid wants to give him his number so bad than I'll waive the NTC and y'all deserve each other''.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Supposedly Cole declined his NTC on the principle that Gallagher had his number 73# and he knew that Ryder was going to play the '' I have Cup ring veteran'' card.

Then Gionta went up to him in front of the team and said '' I'm the captain of Les Canadiens and I don't see anything wrong with the kid giving him his number. You have the right to decline your NTC but don't start making the rules in my locker room''.

At that point Cole replied back along the lines of '' If that's how this locker room is going to be lead than I don't want to be part of it... If the kid wants to give him his number so bad than I'll waive the NTC and y'all deserve each other''.

I want to be leaf this

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
FWIW, the way it was worded on lapresse.ca, it seems like Gally offered the number to Ryder. The headline is: Gallagher offre le 73 à Ryder.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know about all of this...one thing is for sure though

It's Subban's fault

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
When I did the trade in NHL13 last night they gave Ryder #73 and gave Gallagher #11 automatically...WTF?

Gallagher is assigned #11 as his original number in NHL13 [Junior days]
If you traded Gallagher to any team, he'd have 11 as his jersey.

I'm sure if you trade Galchenyuk, he would have 94, and the game disc would burn your XBOX because you just traded him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad