Confirmed with Link: Ryan White suspended 5 games

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
4th line suspension bonus factor. A star would never get this much. Still, let's be honest, don't hit people in the head. I'm okay with the number, just wish it was consistent so we can get these injuries out of the game.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
White is a bum and shouldn't be in the NHL but I hope Shanahan will keep doing this to every bum 4th line player running around causing injuries and this isn't just a random wheel of justice thing.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I don't know what all the fuss is about I like white for everyone saying this is his last game as Hab your wrong and 5 games is too much for that hit yes he concussed him but not blatantly with an elbow of you think white was thinking let me go for his head then your wrong again a series of unfortunate events for this poor guy hell pick it up. Suspendable I don't even think so but 2 games maybe 3. 5 is a joke

Go
Habs
Go

IglooBoy

CH fan in Flamesland
May 14, 2009
Calgary via Montreal
Maybe Shanahan has been referring Down Goes Brown's suspension chart? :)

4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/11/nhl-suspensions.html

I'm fine with the suspension. No matter what sweater the player is wearing, 5 games is deserved.

Hopefully, one day, they'll be more consistency in this department.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
The hypocrisy of some people on these boards is ridiculous, same people who want us to go out and destroy the Flyers, Leafs, Bruins (insert tough team here) or write about wanting an enforcer are complaining about White's place in the NHL?

Maybe the hit itself was suspicious, but White puts it all for his team mates. And yes he gets stupid penalties, but I would take a White on my team before a Moen any day. I hope MT doesnt crucify him for this, he will learn but he plays with his heart every shift.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Am I the only one who thinks this is perfectly fine? Holy crap guys, he gave Huskins a CONCUSSION from that hit, which was aimed directly at his head! How the hell is it too much?!

This is seriously a perfectly fine suspension. White has shown his recklessness before, how is this not much deserved? Damn guys, wake up.
Aiming means intention. I do not see the intention.
There is no motion from White toward the head.
He did not alter his course nor did use his elbow. Did not jump, kept his course...

It is true that this should be a 5 games.
I am just comparing to others that seems to me worst and got less.

I agree that this is deserved but other suspension should have gotten more.

I just looked at it 4 or 5 times but I may be wrong.
Not trying to defend White here, just try to be fair.

It should be 5 games minimum but it should be the same in other case.
Just here hoping that this establish 'jurisprudence'.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Aiming means intention. I do not see the intention.
There is no motion from White toward the head.
He did not alter his course nor did use his elbow. Did not jump, kept his course...

It is true that this should be a 5 games.
I am just comparing to others that seems to me worst and got less.

I agree that this is deserved but other suspension should have gotten more.

I just looked at it 4 or 5 times but I may be wrong.
Not trying to defend White here, just try to be fair.

It should be 5 games minimum but it should be the same in other case.
Just here hoping that this establish 'jurisprudence'.

Maybe he didn't specifically aim for the head, but he certainly didn't let up when Huskins changed course, and he made contact with the head and nothing else.

I agree with the fact that suspensions to others should have been different, but I'm glad you agree with me that this is a fair suspension.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
So Nash = 0
White = 5

Yup, makes sense Shanny you tool.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm fine with the 5 game suspension as long as similar hits to the head receive the same amount of games in the future.. If 5 games is the penalty for a 4th line player it should also be the same for a 1st line player doing the same thing.. Base the suspension time on the offense committed and not who the player committing the offense is. Just treat all players the same.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm fine with the 5 game suspension as long as similar hits to the head receive the same amount of games in the future.. If 5 games is the penalty for a 4th line player it should also be the same for a 1st line player doing the same thing.. Base the suspension time on the offense committed and not who the player committing the offense is. Just treat all players the same.

... and when has that every happened?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
... and when has that every happened?

Never and that's what many people have a problem with concerning suspension times from the NHL.. A hit to the head from 4th liner Ryan White is the same as a hit to the head from a 1st liner so the suspension should be the same. Unfortunately that's not how the NHL seems to to do things.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
NHL is a joke.
Throw the book at a 4th line player with no intent to injure.
Good 'hockey hit' when it's a star player.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Shanahan is pretty pathetic, he doesn't have the balls to suspend an important player more than two games but when it comes to a 4th line player he throws the book at them.

But I don't really give a **** about white anymore

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Who cares... With the comeback of Ryder in the lineup next game, White would have been scratched anyway.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
The hypocrisy of some people on these boards is ridiculous, same people who want us to go out and destroy the Flyers, Leafs, Bruins (insert tough team here) or write about wanting an enforcer are complaining about White's place in the NHL?

Maybe the hit itself was suspicious, but White puts it all for his team mates. And yes he gets stupid penalties, but I would take a White on my team before a Moen any day. I hope MT doesnt crucify him for this, he will learn but he plays with his heart every shift.

Disagree with the first part. White is a middleweight that's not that great at hockey and prone to bad penalties. He'll do nothing against the likes of Orr, Mclaren, Lucic and Chara. If Bergevin decides to bring in a heavyweight this summer, it will be in place of White. There is no room for a heavyweight AND White in the same lineup.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Shanahan is so consistent.

It's a farce. Players with reputations are more harshly punished, especially if they're borderliners like White.

Top 6 players seem to elude the stiffer penalties. Even worse, with all the big talk about protecting players' safety, nothing has been done about fighting.

This is not my personal agenda, but what the NHL said officially after the untimely and tragic deaths of enforcers/fighters. As long as fighting puts butts in seats, it is untouchable. Unless, of course the unimaginable happens and a player dies as a direct result of a fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad