Confirmed with Link: Ryan White suspended 5 games

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Nothing to be added as everyone's been saying what we're all thinking. I think Shanahan deserves another strong hockey play to tighten some of the screws in his head, corrupt mother.

Poor Ryan White, hope he blazes a comeback in the playoffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A similar hit occured in Colombus three nights ago, but no suspension was handed. Suspension worthy, but seems excessive and inconsistent.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I have no issue with the suspension. I have an issue with the lack of consistency. I'll see that hit tomorrow without a suspension. It also has to do with the player. I said earlier they';d throw the book at White. If it was a premier player there wouldn't be a suspension.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I hate the Bruins. I hate that they won the cup. I hate that they won anything after than deplorable Chara hit. I hate that White gets FIVE GAMES IN A SHORTENED SEASON and Chara got a 5+10 for what he did. Makes my blood boil.

My hearts with Boston but I **** on the Bruins.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
No problem with the call. To me, these are the exact type of hits that need to be removed from the game. Ryan White seems pretty unintelligent on the ice.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
What I hate the most about NHL discipline is that if you look at highlights of the longest suspensions, and you look at highlights of the really egregious non-hockey plays (Chara-Pax and Lucic-Miller come to mind), there is pretty much no overlap. Aaron Rome is late with an otherwise hockey hit, biggest suspension in finals history. The White thing isn't so bad, but it really shows that it's not what you do, it's who you are. Occasionally it's also who you play for.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Way too harsh.

If Rick Nash made that hit, he gets nothing.

Unfortunately that's the way it is. Hard nosed players like White are always under the microscope.

I'm beginning to think that Shanahan may have taken one too many punches to the head. His lack of consistency is astonishingly puzzling.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No problem with the call. To me, these are the exact type of hits that need to be removed from the game. Ryan White seems pretty unintelligent on the ice.

The only problem I have with that they want to remove some and not others. It depends who the offender is, if it's a Bruins player or 1st line guy he gets nothing, if it's a White or Torres they throw the book at them.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Would love to see Whitey in the playoffs.

This guy cares, and it shows, wears his heart on his sleeve. You just know he'd love to redeem himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad