Confirmed with Link: Ryan White suspended 5 games

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.

uhhh no. Flyers had a 2-0 lead. That's not what "woke them up". In fact they were barely awake, our D was so bad it was boring for them to play against.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.

:laugh:

you think he will get a 4th or 5th chance in the playoffs??

Id rather play Dumont. White is a loose canon.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.

Surely not because he put us on the PK for a net sum of one minute? Because that's not when the Flyers scored their seven goals. ;)

I don't particularly like chippy dirty hockey but if (when) it happens in the playoffs because we're up 4-0 late against the leaf or the broons I sure as hell don't want Plekanec out there I want White.

I agree he's made bad choices and now has a (his first) suspension but when gritty guys make bad choices that's what happens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It was a headshot with a player in a vulnerable position. I'm cool with a suspension. I'm actually okay with it being 5 games but in comparison with other hits this is out of whack. I'd expected 3 games.

These kinds of hits SHOULD be penalized more but I don't get why it's only the 4th line guys who get these kinds of suspensions. Elbow to the head is 3 but this hit is 5? No consistency at all.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It was a headshot with a player in a vulnerable position. I'm cool with a suspension. I'm actually okay with it being 5 games but in comparison with other hits this is out of whack. I'd expected 3 games.

These kinds of hits SHOULD be penalized more but I don't get why it's only the 4th line guys who get these kinds of suspensions. Elbow to the head is 3 but this hit is 5? No consistency at all.

Ya agree, it's not so much that 5 games is too much for a vicious hit, more than it's inconsistent.

I love how the NHL allows post whistle abuse of Gallagher with punches to his twice-concussed head. Those weren't even facewashes, it was three guys cross checking him in the face.

Joke league is joke.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
wow, compared to similar incidents, it's harsh at 5 games, esp. for a 1st time offender. That said, I wouldn't complain if the NHL was consistent but they're not. If Lucic or some other big name made the same hit, he'd get nothing or 1 or 2 games at most. Bogus

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
5 games is a joke.huskins is lookin right at ryan and stumbles at the last second too.way to be consistent shanny

DogsFan*

Surely not because he put us on the PK for a net sum of one minute? Because that's not when the Flyers scored their seven goals. ;)

I don't particularly like chippy dirty hockey but if (when) it happens in the playoffs because we're up 4-0 late against the leaf or the broons I sure as hell don't want Plekanec out there I want White.

I agree he's made bad choices and now has a (his first) suspension but when gritty guys make bad choices that's what happens.

It has nothing to do with PP time. The momentum changed and the Flyers had a fire lit under their ass the whole night as a result of the hit. Plus they turned up their physical game and Ryder is now hurt because of it.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
So I can imagine if he were a repeat offender, it would be a 6+ game suspension.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Can someone explain to me why this hit is worth 5 games, but Cowen's hit to the head that destroyed Skinner yesterday is not even a penalty?

Both hits are shoulder on head as far as I can see.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I have nothing against the suspension except that the league is using a 4th liner to make themselves look like they are taking headshots more seriously than they are. Shanahan is a coward.

The sad thing is I can see this making White even more cautious than he was by being benched.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I still say he can develop into a Prust/Asham type player. Just needs to get a little more smarter.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
It has nothing to do with PP time. The momentum changed and the Flyers had a fire lit under their ass the whole night as a result of the hit. Plus they turned up their physical game and Ryder is now hurt because of it.

It is a real stretch to blame White for Ryder's injury, I don't know if you are taking it that far. In the playoffs all Habs' opponents will play with more fire, time to get used to it. White should play, unless maybe Blunden steps up as the mean and physical forward. BTW on the back end we've added Weber, would like to see Pateryn get another chance there.

If by bold you mean stupid then yes I agree,

Hehehe. No, I meant "bold," and would send a message.

I still say he can develop into a Prust/Asham type player. Just needs to get a little more smarter.

I wonder if Prust has talked to White, IMHO the guidance might be beneficial.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks this is perfectly fine? Holy crap guys, he gave Huskins a CONCUSSION from that hit, which was aimed directly at his head! How the hell is it too much?!

This is seriously a perfectly fine suspension. White has shown his recklessness before, how is this not much deserved? Damn guys, wake up.

BigNumber1Centre

Mar 19, 2010
Alberta
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.

I completely agree with this. A lot of our fan base has been harsh and ridiculous about him this week. Its embarrassing and doesn't reflect well on us, trashing our guy in front of everyone else like that.

The way I see it is, we all wanted a guy to help out Prust with the dirty work. The more White can contribute, the less chances Prust has of getting hurt again. I'm sure Therrien can put him in his place without benching him for the remainder of the season. White is still young (25), so he's still prone to boneheaded mistakes. No need to crucify him for it.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Am I the only one who thinks this is perfectly fine? Holy crap guys, he gave Huskins a CONCUSSION from that hit, which was aimed directly at his head! How the hell is it too much?!

This is seriously a perfectly fine suspension. White has shown his recklessness before, how is this not much deserved? Damn guys, wake up.

I agree completely, the problem is the league itself has singled out White for some reason. Players should have been getting similar suspensions already.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I agree completely, the problem is the league itself has singled out White for some reason. Players should have been getting similar suspensions already.

While I agree with what you are saying about the inconsistency of their suspensions, I feel this suspension length is pretty appropriate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad