Confirmed with Link: Ryan White suspended 5 games

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Brutal.

Way too harsh.

But then again, Shanny has no idea what he's doing.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.

At this point, I don't think there's any guarantee that Therrien is going to dress him in the playoffs.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Is this his 1st suspension this year?

This is his first suspension ever. First hearing too. Seems strange to throw the book at a first timer, but he's a fourth liner so Shanahan gets to look like he actually cares about player safety.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Gonna wait for the explanation, but this seems REALLY high, it didn't seem that bad, he barely moved his shoulder no?

I expected three at most, but oh well.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
At this point, I don't think there's any guarantee that Therrien is going to dress him in the playoffs.

Yup. We'll see what Therrien is made of, at least he knows he has White as an option if (when) the games get physical.

belko

Mar 13, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
It's high compared to other incidents that seemed more severe but there's no question it was a terrible bit of judgement on White's part and he deserves to be suspended. I don't really care if he's in the line-up again this season.

I'd like to see more consistency with the punishment, though. The NHL wheel of justice continues to spin...

Analyzer*

Poor White. He pretty much gets no breaks.

The only break he will get will probably be in his arm, or leg when he finally gets his **** together.

DogsFan*

Brutal.

Way too harsh.

But then again, Shanny has no idea what he's doing.

I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
This was just a strong hockey play. It not white's fault if the player put his head in the wrong place. I have reports that the player was seen at a movie theater that night, so he might be faking the whole thing. OH WAIT A MINUTE, this is not about Chara? ooops its a HAB???

Throw the book at him, guilty guilty guilty he should have got 100 games.:laugh:

Analyzer*

I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.

White stopped skating, and didn't jump. Huskins pulled back. Had Huskins pulled back sooner, or stayed as he were he wouldn't have been hurt, there would have been no 5 minute major and no suspension.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Doubt he'll be kept for next year. May even have played his last game as a Hab. Can he even be trusted to play in the playoffs after the costly penalties he's taken this year?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Was a terrible hit, but nothing close to some of the ones that I've seen that have gotten less.

Never like to see someone get concussed, or even hit in the head, but I really don't think it was intentional, just White not being able to control his hits. Reckless yes, vicious, no.

5 games is way too much. Thankfully, he wasn't doing a hell of a lot otherwise. Bring in Dumont plz.

DogsFan*

White stopped skating, and didn't jump. Huskins pulled back. Had Huskins pulled back sooner, or stayed as he were he wouldn't have been hurt, there would have been no 5 minute major and no suspension.

The onus of making a clean hit is on the hitter, not the player being hit. It's Whites job to make sure he hits him in a safe spot. The jaw is not a safe spot. I agree Huskins stuck his head out and leaned forward like a Pejorative Slur, but White is still at fault.

Analyzer*

The onus of making a clean hit is on the hitter, not the player being hit. It's Whites job to make sure he hits him in a safe spot. The jaw is not a safe spot. I agree Huskins stuck his head out and leaned forward like a Pejorative Slur, but White is still at fault.

Reckless play, yes, but not entirely his fault.

It's like those idiot players who see someone coming, so they turn their back to them. The hitter should pull up, or not hit, but the hittee should brace themselves, not turn their back and hope for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->