Player Discussion Ryan Spooner

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
There's more than one way to skin a cat. You don't have to trade off every asset to get back to where you want to be, and they won't.

No obviously, but let's break it down:

Hayes - this is a pretty good time to capitalize on his value, or possibly wait another year or 2 to have his value grow, but most likely it will decrease due to age and big contract.
Spooner - had a good run with the Rangers we can capitalize on that, and also his value will likely be lower in a year or two due to age and cap hit.
ADA - I am not a fan, I rather trade him have a feeling he is a bust
Vesey - again now is likely the time to trade him because once his cap goes up he might lose trade value especially if he has another under 40 point season.
Zucc - he can stay for now, everybody likes him, he can always be traded later during the season or season after that
Namestnikov - his value is low now, and if he has a bad season it will be very low, so if any teams show interest in him you trade him.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
You need to see how he looks under a coach who actually wants to play a puck possession game.

Let's see what he looks like under quinn

I have a feeling we will be underwhelmed/disappointed.

I would like to package Hayes, Vesey and DeAngelo to Calgary for Rasmus Andersson, Ruzicka, Bennett and maybe a draft pick.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
ADA is waiver eligible this coming season--he has no trade value at this point. Might as well see what Quinn and Co. can do with him.

As for Spooner? Honestly, don't really care either way. I'm not really sure he'll be able to stop disappearing for several games. But, he has shown the ability to continue scoring even in less than ideal situations.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
ADA is waiver eligible this coming season--he has no trade value at this point. Might as well see what Quinn and Co. can do with him.

As for Spooner? Honestly, don't really care either way. I'm not really sure he'll be able to stop disappearing for several games. But, he has shown the ability to continue scoring even in less than ideal situations.

his value is in a multi player deal as part of the package for example: Hayes, Vesey and DeAngelo to Calgary for Rasmus Andersson, Ruzicka, Bennett and maybe a draft pick.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
DeAngelo is the best puckmover on the team besides Shattenkirk. I’d rather wait and see what he ends up as than use him as a trade sweetener.

Reactions: Inferno

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Would they not have dealt Spooner at the deadline ?

I’d keep him on a 1 year deal and flip at deadline

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Package him and Namestnikov up and ship them off for a guy like Fox or Nichushkin ++

They are wasted talent on a rebuild. Flip for assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad