Proposal: Ryan Spooner to Dallas or St.Louis?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
:D You wish :laugh: Actually I am cheering for Canada for the Mens hockey.

Same here. Can't bring myself to root for guys like Orpik and Martin and a few others. I like players on Canada, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, even Russia, etc. And pretty much I am a Bruins fan. Take out NHL players and I would root for team USA again.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Same here. Can't bring myself to root for guys like Orpik and Martin and a few others. I like players on Canada, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, even Russia, etc. And pretty much I am a Bruins fan. Take out NHL players and I would root for team USA again.

Ditto. Adding Oshie and Miracle Max to your list.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Boston has good depth down the middle for AHL and isn't a problem at the NHL level.
Ryan Spooner showed signs of David Krejci in his game, if we wanted a RW I think we should look towards, Dallas who in recent history we've been trading partners

Also St. Louis has an intriguing prospect to watch, so I was wondering if these are fair and if you pull the trigger on them?

Ryan Spooner to Dal
Brett Ritchie to Bos

Or

Ryan Spooner to Stl
Ty Rattie to Bos

I'm not trading Spooner to Dallas unless we're getting Jamie Benn back, and that's not happening.

Ty Rattie is just too unproven to trade for right now. He's a monster goal scorer at the WHL level but that doesn't always translate and he's a bit skinny at wing for 6' 178 lbs. I just don't feel it's equal value to trade a center for a wing. I'd want something back as well if we are sending Spooner out.

I'd be interested in Rattie, very interested but not at the cost of Spoons.

If we were talking Knight plus Caron, or Knight plus a pick, i'd think about it but I agree not for Spooner straight up.

BTW Here are Rattie's stats at the AHL level:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118248

47 GP 18 Goals 12 Assists 30 pts +/- plus 5

Spooner's
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116089

2012 59 gp 17 goals 40 assists 57 pts +/-plus 14
2013 26 gp 5 goals 19 assists 24 pts +/- plus 7

At higher levels of competition Spooner's numbers hold up better.
I'm not saying Rattie can't improve in a year but Spooner is the more valuable player both position-wise and in terms of readiness to play at the next level.

Last edited:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I like Spooner's skill level at center and I can see him as a replacement for Krejci in the future. But that could be too far off. I haven't seen signs that Spooner would be a candidate to switch to the wing.

Soderberg has shown far more in Boston this year than Spooner. With his size, skill and ability to drive to the net, I'll be very surprised if Spooner can unseat him as the third line center next year.

It seems that Spooner is headed for more time in Providence and as an injury replacement for Boston. I don't want to see him traded but he is in a position where the Bruins have depth and he could be used if they wanted to acquire another asset.

That's what I think also.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Why the hell is it that everytime we get a young player with skill and potential (like Krug and Spooner) people want to think about who we could trade them for? :rant:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I like spooner id like to keep him unless the right deal comes along

And that's just it, everyone is tradeable for the right price. Problem is, we don't know what that right price is. We like to think we do, but in reality most of us either overvalue or undervalue one of the parties.

That said, everyone is tradeable for the right price. :wally:

OutspokenMinority*

Why the hell is it that everytime we get a young player with skill and potential (like Krug and Spooner) people want to think about who we could trade them for? :rant:

Cup windows and backlogs at the position I guess. Course I'd be more inclined to let Campbell go one way or another. I think his time here has kind of run its course.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore

Because it's HF and what else is there to do during the Olympic break. I'd rather keep Spooner and unload Kelly and Campbell at the trade deadline.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Honestly? No. I think if Yeti can keep it up, its his. So that leaves either the wing for Spooner or he takes Soupy's spot on the fourth line.

Me neither. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if he were traded as part of a big upgrade, though I love what we've seen from him and don't really want him leaving.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Does anyone see Spooner being the third line center next year?

Yeah, I don't know why it would seem so far fetched, even despite Yeti's play at center. We're still 7 months away from that decision. A lot can and will happen. Soderberg was good enough at LW that if Spooner plays in a similar fashion as he did before the injury/illness I'd venture that it would still be their optimal alignment barring trade/FA signing/etc.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah, I don't know why it would seem so far fetched, even despite Yeti's play at center. We're still 7 months away from that decision. A lot can and will happen. Soderberg was good enough at LW that if Spooner plays in a similar fashion as he did before the injury/illness I'd venture that it would still be their optimal alignment barring trade/FA signing/etc.

Oh yeah, nothing is close to definite at this point. Just my guess that Soda starts next year at third line center. Ideally I would like to see a line of Eriksson-Spooner-Soderberg but a lot of unknowns.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I'm not trading Spooner to Dallas unless we're getting Jamie Benn back, and that's not happening.

Ty Rattie is just too unproven to trade for right now. He's a monster goal scorer at the WHL level but that doesn't always translate and he's a bit skinny at wing for 6' 178 lbs. I just don't feel it's equal value to trade a center for a wing. I'd want something back as well if we are sending Spooner out.

If we were talking Knight plus Caron, or Knight plus a pick, i'd think about it but I agree not for Spooner straight up.

BTW Here are Rattie's stats at the AHL level:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118248

47 GP 18 Goals 12 Assists 30 pts +/- plus 5

Spooner's
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116089

2012 59 gp 17 goals 40 assists 57 pts +/-plus 14
2013 26 gp 5 goals 19 assists 24 pts +/- plus 7

At higher levels of competition Spooner's numbers hold up better.
I'm not saying Rattie can't improve in a year but Spooner is the more valuable player both position-wise and in terms of readiness to play at the next level.

You'd "think" about it?? :amazed:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Honestly? No. I think if Yeti can keep it up, its his. So that leaves either the wing for Spooner or he takes Soupy's spot on the fourth line.

Now that's being honest. Agreed that Spooner will not unseat the Yeti on that 3rd line. Yeti's game has improved and continues to improve immensely and you know the B's brass loves his heavy style of game as do we. Tho I can see Spooner making a play for the 4th line next season that's if he's still here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad