Waived: Ryan Spooner and Ty Rattie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
Somehow I thinks Weise ends up in Alberta and Spooner becomes a temporary project here as 3rd or 4th line center for a year with some retained by EDM, unless its part of a bigger deal.....

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
He's a terrible bottom six player. The only way he's effective is if he's in a scoring role complimenting far better players.

As a depth scoring winger in the right situation he may be able to show some life. At 800k there is no risk. If he doesnt work out he can be waived. Either EDM picks him back up, or he goes to the minors with no hit against the cap.

Low risk, moderate reward type situation

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Spooner just hasnt worked for the Oilers. Wish they would of just kept Strome as I think he was decent even if he wasnt scoring. He looked like a NHL player imo.

I personally like Rattie. Hitchcock just doesnt seem to like him. Rattie is better than a good portion of the Oilers wingers so I dont understand the move at all.

Chiarelli sucks.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
IMO... Rattie's gone, but no one is going to bite on Spooner with his salary and the Oilers cap situation. Interested teams will likely want to get something more from Chiarelli for taking the cap hit off the books.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Don’t be a ****ing ******* for no reason.
giphy.gif

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Montreal should call to get that Spooner for a juicy 2019 Edmonton 2nd round pick.

Make that capspace/beer money workfor ya.

Reactions: 7even
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad